Thread: 2 Cable ?

Forum Regular

2 Cable ?

I have a few extra AR rca cables laying around, my 1st ? is can i use reg rca cables as component cables as long as i match up the colors correctly {bedroom system] 2 ? can i use AR video cable as audio cable, i have a lot more vidoe cable than i need, not enough audio cable. dont want to spend money on bedroom system if i dont have to.

I am quite sure that you can use the typical yellow composite cable to carry audio signal as well. However, I have never attempted to connect the component this way and I am quite sure that it won't work even if you match up the colors. Even if you do get signal it will most likely not be color-correct.

Forum Regular

Cables

Quote Originally Posted by superpanavision70mm
    I am quite sure that you can use the typical yellow composite cable to carry audio signal as well. However, I have never attempted to connect the component this way and I am quite sure that it won't work even if you match up the colors. Even if you do get signal it will most likely not be color-correct.
    I think i will just forget about the component cables and just use a yellow composite cable that will be good enough for a bedroom system, thanks for the help

The only difference in any of those cables is the color! They are color coded to make it hard to connect things incorrectly. As long as you match the colors at each end there will be no problem.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thread Information