Incredibly *HOT* price on Panasonic 42" plasma

TigerDirect.com has the 42" plasma EDTV monitor for just $1800...a limited supply. This is one of the highest-rated plasma monitors with a 4000:1 contrast ratio.

If you've been wanting one, now's the time to snatch one up at http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=P333-4212, but they should go pretty fast!
    Click here to see my system.

AR "Wisdom of Yoda"Member LEAFS264's Avatar
    Be very carefull!!! EDTV is enhanced definition NOT high definition. That is why it is so cheep.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by LEAFS264
    Be very carefull!!! EDTV is enhanced definition NOT high definition. That is why it is so cheep.
    While that is true, it still is priced significantly below comparable EDTV monitors to make it a great bargain, not to mention one of the best EDTV plasmas on the market. Also, it is a monitor which means it needs an external signal source whether HDTV tuner, DVD player, PC, etc.
    Click here to see my system.

The Panasonics, in my opinion, have always been at the top of the list for plasmas, if only because of their uncanny ability to produce a deep inky black and near-blacks without a hint of false contouring. People have even remarked that these panels often look better than the HD versions, the reason being that they go pixel-for-pixel with DVDs and they don't have to work as hard to upscale SD, via cable and satelllite. People on the hunt for plasma who crave true HD, or who are dying to see what HD DVD or Blu-Ray will look like in all their glory, might pass on this Panasonic, but those who don't see much HD in their future or are looking for a high-quality second TV, it is a fantastic opportunity. By the way, the Sony, Pioneer, and NEC aren't bad second choices, though I'm not sure that the NEC's DVI input is HDCP compliant. Pioneer and NEC black levels have always been pretty good, but no one could touch Panasonic for a long time.

Ed

Thread Information