• 11-29-2012, 07:37 AM
    amarmistry
    World's most expensive stereo...
    Just saw this on the web and thought some of you may be interested in looking at it:
    A Cool $1M: Meet the World's Most Expensive Stereo: Video - Bloomberg

Doesn't it sound like it? Pun intended! :)
  • 11-29-2012, 08:09 AM
    JohnMichael
    I am much more interested in seeing the art on his walls.
  • 11-29-2012, 10:58 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    One of the things I know about Goldmund products, is the price is more for the great design than it is for the ultimate audio. A two channel system for one million....Ehh.
  • 11-29-2012, 01:07 PM
    filecat13
    Most expensive? Probably.

Most overpriced? Maybe.

Most coveted. Nah.
  • 11-29-2012, 02:07 PM
    RoyY51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by amarmistry View Post
    Just saw this on the web and thought some of you may be interested in looking at it:
    A Cool $1M: Meet the World's Most Expensive Stereo: Video - Bloomberg

Doesn't it sound like it? Pun intended! :)

I'm afraid that there's a new King of Excess on the audio block; the Hart Audio D&W Aural Pleasure Speakers. They are available for $64,000 in bronze, $300,000 in silver and "upwards of $5 million" in gold. There will be 99 pairs forged in bronze, 5 in silver, but only one in 18 carat gold. They look like giant molars turned on their sides...but to each his own.
  • 12-05-2012, 03:06 PM
    E-Stat
    Not!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by amarmistry View Post

$268k is chump change for a pair of speakers as compared to some designs available.

Expensive Speakers

They guy doesn't even have the top of the line models from Goldmund. He's got the apartment sized versions.

Naturally with such a budget, I would follow a similar path that Ray Kimber used for many shows with his Sound Lab arrays. While this link shows double 922, he used triple 922s for several years at RMAF. I would be happy with double 945s (45 degree dispersion vs. 22 degree) driven by VTL Siegfrieds or ARC REF750s supplemented by U1-B subs. A significant part of my budget would be the room. :)

Kimber System