Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Regular

Thumbs down Why is this forum so worthless?

So, I created two separate requests to find a replacament receiver for my Nikko NR-1219.
    All I got out of that were two fairly worthless responses. I am logging off this site and never coming back. Good luck with whatever you guys do here but it does nothing for me.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by DoneThat
    So, I created two separate requests to find a replacament receiver for my Nikko NR-1219.
    All I got out of that were two fairly worthless responses. I am logging off this site and never coming back. Good luck with whatever you guys do here but it does nothing for me.
    You should consider yourself lucky that anyone responded at all, particularly after you threw in that "dual voice coil, near zero ohm impedance" crap. After all, this is a volunteer community

I am logging off this site and never coming back.
    Why does it show that you are still on line?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

for me (and alot of other people) this forum was a god's gift (somekind of) and as far as i know, everybody helped my out of problems so, i don't think this forum is worthless at all,

**** man, GMichael, now you aren't just an elitest jerk member anymore, change it to "worthless forum elitest jerk member" yeah, that should do it.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Aging Smartass
    [QUOTE=DoneThat]
    All I got out of that were two fairly worthless responses. I am logging off this site and never coming back.

After reading the above comment, I checked out your various posts and think you've got a helluva nerve making such a statement. The advice you received from several members here was more than sufficient, and all seemed truly determined to help you in providing legimate advice insofar as answering your questions.

Your lack of knowledge of audio equipment is glaringly obvious, but to vent your frustration out on those who don't deserve it isn't justified. If you do log "off this site and [don't ever] come back," you surely won't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by basite
    for me (and alot of other people) this forum was a god's gift (somekind of) and as far as i know, everybody helped my out of problems so, i don't think this forum is worthless at all,

**** man, GMichael, now you aren't just an elitest jerk member anymore, change it to "worthless forum elitest jerk member" yeah, that should do it.
    I don't think that will fit. But I'll try.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I just read some of his other posts and the responses.

IMNSHO, he's just pissed because he didn't like some of the answers he received. Granted, they were all good answers (in many cases the only ones possible) for the questions asked, but just not what he wanted to hear.

So, I guess that rates a hissy fit. I guess he has a bumper sticker that reads "Ignorant, and damn proud of it!"

P.S... I also changed my title to something more fitting.
    Last edited by markw; 10-10-2006 at 08:00 AM.

Forgot your meds again, eh?

I read both of those threads and the responses you received were well measured and spot-on. If you are unable to understand the posts, simply say so. We all started at ground zero at one time. Your inability to comprehend terms within the posts is likely valid, but it's also not the fault of the respondents.

Considering this thread, I'd say you're better off on another site. Perhaps this site would be a better fit.

Aging Smartass

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed

Considering this thread, I'd say you're better off on another site. Perhaps this site would be a better fit.
    Absolutely brilliant resonse!

Posts like yours and inquiries about obscure audio companies certainly don't make this forum more worthwhile. In this case, I think we'll consider your exit an addition by subtraction, so thanks for improving the board by getting the f*** outta here!
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Posts like yours and inquiries about obscure audio companies certainly don't make this forum more worthwhile. In this case, I think we'll consider your exit an addition by subtraction, so thanks for improving the board by getting the f*** outta here!
    Wooch, I personally think you need to express yourself more clearly and not beat around the bush!!! Just say what you really think, Jeff LMAO
    I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days...Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days. I just refuse to have bad ones!!!, Jeff

Buh Bye !

LOL I guess he thinks we have nothing else to do but sit at our comps just waiting for the opportunity to research some obscure piece of equiptment.
    He must be so busy doing super important things to make the world a better place that he has no time to do his own freakin' research then ask intelligent questions based on his research.

Is he gone yet? I already miss him. Sheesh quite a lameoid.
    TV: LG 50PC3D plasma tv
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V659
    DVD: Philips DVP5960
    Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 3 v.4, surround/Paradigm Atoms v.4, center/Paradigm CC290 v.5, sub/Paradigm PDR-12
    Remote: Harmony 659

I have to apologize to you guys, and mostly importantly to that guy.
    I think I insulted him cuz I suggested him that he may want to consider getting a hybrid receiver. I'm sorry.....

I dont mind doing a research for people as long as it doesnt take no more than 5 minutes while I might learn something.
    "Why is this forum so worthless?"
    I think the problem is that newbies dont know how to search for old and basic topics. It's not easy to do at times so i can understand a bit. I have trouble searching for info alot of times. But some topics get old real fast.

I swear I see these topics at least once a week

What's the best CD player for under $300, then on the next day someone will post an exact godamn thread with $295 budget. I think people think that we are hold out on good info/experience. They think hey, I'm a great person so maybe someone will help me more over others.
    Here is the one that kills me. "Coax or Optical?" I'm not mad for newbs posting fundamental questions, since alot of use still ask basic questions but, again, newbies need to use the search option.
    And my biggest problem is that newbs dont know that this site has equipment reviews!!!! We have reviews of tons and tons of items. Don't we? What is the primary purpose of this site?
    Also, alot of members expect you to know their every minor detail and equipment lists. Listing your equipments under your signature will speed up the process. I kinda hate going thru their personal profile to give more suitable advice.
    BTW to newbies, dont be afraid to ask fundamental/advanced questions. We are here to learn, arent we?

-JRA

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Also, alot of members expect you to know their every minor detail and equipment lists. Listing your equipments under your signature will speed up the process. I kinda hate going thru their personal profile to give more suitable advice.
    -JRA

ok, done,
    problem, we fill in the personal profile, alot of the newbies don't, please dear newbies, fill it in, or add your equipment to your signature, it will help us alot.
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

Mutant from table 9
    Clearly this guy still had a hard on for crap he bought thirty years ago and was pissed off that people didn't think his junk was the sh!t. "Ooooo, you got a thirty year old Nikko and JBLs that have been completely gutted! Your so bad azz. How clever of you to rearrange the deck chairs on your audio Titanic."

Guys like this are why I have trouble haunting some of the more vintage oriented sites. For the record, I love vintage. I love vinyl. I listen mostly to vinyl at home. I have an old 1973 quad system. I have eight tracks. I regularly listen to cassettes. I love the engineering and design of old Japanese electronics. But, none of my vintage equipment is even in the same league as my modern AV stuff. Any guy who trys to convince you that his 1975 Sansui receiver and big Sansuie 15inch wooferes sounds as good as pair of Paradigm Studio 20s driven by a Music Hall integrated and CD player is just fooling themselves. Sorry, but someone had to say it.

This guy just didn't like hearing that sentiment in the responses he got.

Mutant from table 9
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    I have to apologize to you guys, and mostly importantly to that guy.
    I think I insulted him cuz I suggested him that he may want to consider getting a hybrid receiver. I'm sorry.....

-JRA
    No, that was a good suggestion. You suggested a good product from a respected manufacturer. How dare you, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    . How clever of you to rearrange the deck chairs on your audio Titanic."
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think he's gonna take you seriously since you listen to black discs introduced back in 1948.

This forum IS wothless!!

to those having no worth....

or to those having no internet access...

gotta love 'em

Pogue
    • Mark Levinson No. 27
    • Musical Fidelity 308cr
    • Martin Logan Prodigy's
    • Ariel Acoustics 10-T
    • Rega Planet CD
    • CJ Premier 9 DAC
    • Linn LP12 - Basik Plus - Valhalla
    • Benz Micro Cart.
    • Akai GX 747 Reel to Reel
    • Straight Wire Virtuoso Interconnects

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Thare
    Why is this forum so worthless?
    Because we can't actually buy each other drinks?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

ggo pont laddy!!

....time fer a drink!!

Pogue
    • Mark Levinson No. 27
    • Musical Fidelity 308cr
    • Martin Logan Prodigy's
    • Ariel Acoustics 10-T
    • Rega Planet CD
    • CJ Premier 9 DAC
    • Linn LP12 - Basik Plus - Valhalla
    • Benz Micro Cart.
    • Akai GX 747 Reel to Reel
    • Straight Wire Virtuoso Interconnects

This forum is worthless because we would only engage when we are insulted.
    Wait, that affects all of us dude.

Thanks for the feedback and best wishes. ;-) See ya ol' boy...

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Because we can't actually buy each other drinks?
    well, technically seen, we can, only thing is we have to send them by airmail and then they're completely wasted, and then we'll all be broke soon,
    oh wait, we're broke already.

good idea tough, i think the mods should add somekind of a chatbox or a virtual bar to this site so we don't have to open A BLOODY TOPIC JUST TO SAY YOU FEEL BAD TODAY
    (that last part was to Donethat who seems no longer online now)
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

ah, that felt good to say that, too bad these kind of threads are just to fill things in.
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    Clearly this guy still had a hard on for crap he bought thirty years ago and was pissed off that people didn't think his junk was the sh!t. "Ooooo, you got a thirty year old Nikko and JBLs that have been completely gutted! Your so bad azz. How clever of you to rearrange the deck chairs on your audio Titanic."

Guys like this are why I have trouble haunting some of the more vintage oriented sites. For the record, I love vintage. I love vinyl. I listen mostly to vinyl at home. I have an old 1973 quad system. I have eight tracks. I regularly listen to cassettes. I love the engineering and design of old Japanese electronics. But, none of my vintage equipment is even in the same league as my modern AV stuff. Any guy who trys to convince you that his 1975 Sansui receiver and big Sansuie 15inch wooferes sounds as good as pair of Paradigm Studio 20s driven by a Music Hall integrated and CD player is just fooling themselves. Sorry, but someone had to say it.

This guy just didn't like hearing that sentiment in the responses he got.
    I completely agree with you. Just don't go to www.audiokarma.org and say things like that. That's a whole site devoted to people who think old Pioneer receivers and HPM100 speakers are the ultimate pieces of audio gear. They would burn you at the stake for spouting such heresy. Even worse, they may condemn you to an eternity of listening to that outdated "gear".
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information