• 09-03-2007, 05:17 AM
    SlumpBuster
    Where did you get your AV furniture?
    I'm looking for some new stuff. Specifically a TV rack. Mine kinda broke yesterday while childproofing my cables, and the rack itself wasn't very child proof to begin with. It was a little top heavy.

I've looked online at CC/BB, AudioAdvisor, Ikea and Ethan Allen. I'm looking for something more furniture grade to match my component rack, which is Danish.

What retailers am I missing. I'm out of ideas. Budget is $500 to $1500. Only needs to hold a CRT and amp and be upgradeable to 50" flat panel.
  • 09-03-2007, 07:49 AM
    elapsed
  • 09-03-2007, 08:32 AM
    Mr Peabody
    I'm not sure what is shown online but I bought a nice TV stand at BB. It's long with 4 shelves, 2 on each side with a door to a couple smaller shelves in the middle. The TV sits on top and it has a swivel base. It's pretty cool. It's heavy duty because it is made for a tube TV. It might be worth a walk through BB to see what they have, ours carry a pretty big selection of the furniture.

In my main listening room I bought a Hooker. It was one of those with the twin towers connected by a bridge, made for the old school RPTV. I had to take the bridge out and spread the towers apart when I bought my Toshiba DLP 62". Luckily the TV came with a stand designed for it. You might see if Hooker has a website to see what their more modern stuff look like.

What type of TV and what all is going on the stand?
  • 09-03-2007, 09:11 AM
    dean_martin
    I ordered a Laurier tv stand from audio-video-furniture.com. Shipping took about 3wks because Laurier ships from Canada. No tax and free in-home delivery made it a pretty good deal. I'm pleased overall, although I think "furniture grade" av stands are generally over-priced. It looks great with my new Panasonic 50" plasma and the dimensions, including lower shelves, are perfect.

http://www.audio-video-furniture.com...h-TV-Stand.htm
  • 09-03-2007, 09:50 AM
    SlumpBuster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by elapsed

Thanks, I missed that one.
  • 09-06-2007, 01:14 AM
    pixelthis
    A stable stand is extremely important, especially if you have a CRT and a young child.
    Recently in my town a CRT fell onto a four year old girl. Killed her.
    They have anchors that attach to the wall to help keep from tipping over.
    But a CRT will always be unstable, most of the weight being at the front.
    I bought my stand at Wallmart, 250 or so, has a square pole in the back with a rack
    to mount a flat panel, black glass, which was a bonus, on the box it was clear.
    Basically a pig iron frame, very stable with a wood facade on front, and looks like it could hold a CRT until you can trade
    I looked at lanier, very nice but the price!