What I decided to do

Printable View

• 07-07-2011, 11:37 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I don't know who you are, but you're killin' me man! :lol:

(I know I shouldn't encourage this behavour)

I know, I know and I am LMAO.
  • 07-07-2011, 11:45 AM
    markw
    Now I'm starting to smell a liar and a troll
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin_Broke View Post
    Well I can say I was excited when I saw the box came in then I opened it and guess what. The seller sent me the original Control 1 speakers which I already have for sale but luckly I was able to tape it up and make it look like it was never opened to I went to the post office and said I am refusing the package and I did e-mail the seller that this is the wrong speakers and if the seller doesn't have the Control 1Xtreme then I will need a refund. This is one of the rare times that I got a wrong item.

This kinda made me upset since I thought finaly I got the speakers I wanted.

In the first post of this thread you said you sent back the "used" ones and were waiting for the "New" ones. With that in mind, I have to assume thry came from a retailer, not "some guy", and you have a paperwork trail. Amazon sends notifications for every order.

So, from what you say here, we have a few choices:

1) You accidentally ordered the same ones you had, only new. Check your original order. If you ordered them, your bad, not theirs. You couldn't tell from the packaging what speakers they were?

2) They sent you the wrong ones. Their bad but still, you should have been able to tell from the packaging that they were not what you ordered.

3) You're still yanking our chains which would be a great troll move.

Fron your history here, I lean towards number three. In such case, I vote Dustin Broke off the island and he be replaced by Dusty Bieber.
  • 07-07-2011, 11:53 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    I know, I know and I am LMAO.

Didn't anyone teach you to share?:20:
  • 07-07-2011, 11:59 AM
    Dustin_Broke
    Well the speakers I ordered the new Control 1Xtreme was from a seller like me on Amazon.com so its not from a big company so the seller made a misstake and thought that it was the same as the Xtreme. I told the seller than you send the wrong item so I assume everything will be taken cared off the seller gets the item back. I was kinda dissapointed though. Maybe I thought I should of kept the used Control 1Xtreme since at least that was the real Xtreme. Also on Ebay no one is selling the Xtreme anymore but someone is selling the ONE which is like Xtreme.

I know what I order and I do make sure it's right and according the what it says I ordered I did order a Control 1X which is the same as Xtreme.
  • 07-07-2011, 12:04 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    Didn't anyone teach you to share?:20:

I do not give it away quite like I used to share it.
  • 07-07-2011, 12:05 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    I do not give it away quite like I used to share it.

:devil::devil::devil:

By the way, happy 4000 post! :thumbsup: Time for another party?
  • 07-07-2011, 12:08 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SlumpBuster View Post
    This quote and LOLcats are what make the internets great. :0:

I think Spanky's shark got jumped with that post. Up to that point, all of his trolling maintained at least some plausibility. But, playing dumb on trolls is the easiest way of revealing yourself as one.
  • 07-07-2011, 12:39 PM
    SlumpBuster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    But, playing dumb on trolls is the easiest way of revealing yourself as one.

True, but he carries it to artistic levels. The consistency of the pics he posts combined with the dinosaur forum are more than just your average trolling. He's definitely committed to it. I still think it would be wonderful if he were one day unmasked as a respected forum regular.
  • 07-07-2011, 01:19 PM
    Dusty Beiber
    I don't know who Spanky is but you guys are being mean to Dustin_Broke and he seems lick a nice person who is nice. I do think though that the new JBL Control 1Xtreme are tiiny sounding and kind of thin though.

It's good that you were able to refuse the shipment on the old ones that were packaged like the new ones. That's a mean thing to do to someone.

Don't listen to these meanies Dustion_Broke and keep rockin the dinos and never say never!!
  • 07-07-2011, 01:30 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Beiber View Post
    I don't know who Spanky is but you guys are being mean to Dustin_Broke and he seems lick a nice person who is nice. I do think though that the new JBL Control 1Xtreme are tiiny sounding and kind of thin though.

It's good that you were able to refuse the shipment on the old ones that were packaged like the new ones. That's a mean thing to do to someone.

Don't listen to these meanies Dustion_Broke and keep rockin the dinos and never say never!!

You seem like a cat person to me. Do you have a cat? If so, what is her name?
  • 07-07-2011, 01:57 PM
    Dustin_Broke
    2 Attachment(s)
    I have a cat named Chocolate his a male Himalayan cat. If we are talking about cats. :)

Closer to Siamese though my cat is since the hair is little shorter than persian. Basicly Himalayan cats are a mix of Siamese and persian.
  • 07-07-2011, 02:00 PM
    Dustin_Broke
    But we are kinda getting off topic from the original post I made. I was talking about my JBL speakers and now we are talking about other things. I think this topic is over for now unless it's about the Control 1 series speakers.
  • 07-07-2011, 02:02 PM
    Dusty Beiber
    I had a cat named Selina but she got dizzy from staring at my disco ball and fell into my shark tank and drownded. And got eaten. I have a bluntnose sixgill shark because its the closest to the Megalodon which I would buy but there big and my tank isnt that big and they may be extinct anyway.

I reread the threead and realized that Dustin_Broke got his speakers from a regular person like the rest of us and then cancelled the order and the regular person had to pay shipping and handling both ways. So maybe Dustin_Broke isnt as nice as I originally thought.

I hope when he get's the JBL Control 1Xtreme and it sounds tinny and he tries to sell it that somebody bys it and refuses the delivery and it gets sent back to him.

Did any of yo guys get to hear the Shuntaya Venom3 cable to see if I should get them? I want to get them if they will make a big difference in the performance of the Mego 2XL but not if they won't make a big difference. I don't want them to hurt the base.

Which is beter than the JBL Control 1Xtreme.
  • 07-07-2011, 02:15 PM
    markw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin_Broke View Post
    But we are kinda getting off topic from the original post I made. I was talking about my JBL speakers and now we are talking about other things. I think this topic is over for now unless it's about the Control 1 series speakers.

That's not really your decision, Spanky.
  • 07-07-2011, 02:20 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    You seem like a cat person to me. Do you have a cat? If so, what is her name?

What is this, 20 questions?

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7ltcWcwnPfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 07-07-2011, 02:27 PM
    Dustin_Broke
    Well then I will close this topic if there is nothing to say about the speakers since remember talking about stuff that is off topic is a troll from what I read. I know I always do my best to stay in topic so I know I am not one. But eatherway if this is the end and nothin to talk about the speakers then I will close it. Eatherway guys whatever you think about me I' am not at all trying to be a troll and try to stay off topic or try to get attention anyway. I never knew that there was another meaning for troll I always thought it was about this ugly creature.
  • 07-07-2011, 02:38 PM
    Dusty Beiber
    I've been trying talk about the JBL Control 1Xtreme and how it sounds tinny and stuff but you keep changing the subject to how you buy stuff and return it or your cats.

Your not very nice Dustin_Broke like I thought you were. My friend pixelthis told me that people here were nice her but they are not =-(
  • 07-07-2011, 02:43 PM
    Dustin_Broke
    Well I am saying about others talking about cats and not about speakers. That's why I closed this topic. But if others are going to talk about something else then I will close it again.
  • 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
    Dusty Beiber
    I licked the JBL Control 1Xtreme for some things and it was okay but the upper notes were really high and they kindof hurt my ears. The base was muddy so it sounded kindof tinny and muddy. I think its because of the titanium tweeter. The vMothra moniter has androconia drivers which i think are best but I guess I hope that the JBL works for you.

Have you heard the Shunyata Venom3 cable?
  • 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
    Dustin_Broke
    Eatherway I just found out from JBL that The Control 1X, Xtreme, ONE are the same speakers just the name is different. They haven't even changed one bit on them. They wanted to keep the Control 1 speakers current so they just changed the name but are made the same. I talked to JBL tech support supervisor. Also it seems like JBL Pro doesn't care about making the best sound for these Control 1 speakers so that's why even there new JBL Control 1 Pro uses same Polycarbonate tweeters. Titanium-laminate tweeters sound better and cost more JBL said so they decided to use them. JBL pro uses Polycarbonate tweeters since they are chaper and then people can buy soo many of them for there business or restaurants etc.
  • 07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
    Dustin_Broke
    I personaly think that the Control 1 speakers are warm and little bright sounding but not tinny but that's because it uses Polycarbonate tweeters and doesn't have a titanium coating on it. I think if it sounds tinny then it's because it has that titanium coating and makes it stiffer. Also all of the Control 1 woofers are the same btw.
  • 07-07-2011, 02:52 PM
    Dusty Beiber
    I would just refuse the JBL Control 1Xtreme speakers when they come to you even though its unfair to the buyere again and the delivery man and everyone else and get the GDZLA vMothra moniter. Its got androconia drivers which are better than other drivers.
  • 07-07-2011, 02:54 PM
    pixelthis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Beiber View Post
    I licked the JBL Control 1Xtreme for some things and it was okay but the upper notes were really high and they kindof hurt my ears. The base was muddy so it sounded kindof tinny and muddy. I think its because of the titanium tweeter. The vMothra moniter has androconia drivers which i think are best but I guess I hope that the JBL works for you.

Have you heard the Shunyata Venom3 cable?

YOU licked it!!! THAT is too much info.
    JBL might have titanium tweeters, which are somewhat harsh.
    JBL used to be king, but have passed by the wayside.
    WANT a cheap ride to audio nirvana, try AXIOM.
    Basically PARADIGMS house brand(like KEYSTONE is
    COORS). Sounds quite nice, really.:1:
  • 07-07-2011, 03:03 PM
    Dustin_Broke
    Well good news I won an aution for a brand new JBL Control ONE speakers which is the same as the Xtreme. I got it for $98.32 with shipping. Hope fully it will come soon as possible since I really would like to be able to turn my music up and not worry about heat on the receiver like now.
  • 07-07-2011, 03:03 PM
    Dusty Beiber
    Hi pixelthis! How are you? Has your lung collapsed recently? Remember the first time that happened? How funny was that?

I bought the Paradime Mini-Moniter once but refused it when it came so I';ve never heard it in the real world but people I know know other people who say good things about them to.

You should here the vMothra moniter! It has really crisp highs but not hurting ones and when the base booms woaw youd think the Tokyo Dome fell down!