Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

maybe not ditches but pits in which to stand.

pits he couldnt talk his way out of. bright but misdirected.
    ...regards...tr

Quote Originally Posted by Pat D
    I can assure both of you that mtry is not a ditch digger.
    Get a grip, READ his comments, DON'T speculate.

You know, you would not look so foolish and make stupid statements if you read those posts, for a change.

But, the day you bring some evidence to the table to discuss who he is, please be sure to do so so we can discuss it, OK?

rw

ps: with a lot of help from you-know-who

Forum Regular

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    Get a grip, READ his comments, DON'T speculate.

You know, you would not look so foolish and make stupid statements if you read those posts, for a change.

But, the day you bring some evidence to the table to discuss who he is, please be sure to do so so we can discuss it, OK?

rw

ps: with a lot of help from you-know-who
    I know mtrycrafts personally and have visited him and his family in his home.
    "Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony."
    ------Heraclitus of Ephesis (fl. 504-500 BC), trans. Wheelwright.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat D
    I know mtrycrafts personally and have visited him and his family in his home.
    Ok. So how does his JVC boombox sound? Does he really talk in choppy fragmented sentences like he writes?

rw

Forum Regular
    Mtrycraft, isn't he the cable expert everybody relies on.

which channels do you get on the cable he recommends?

that IS the kind of cable you mean, right?
    ...regards...tr

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSurprenant
    Mtrycrafts was a pain in the butt.
    He was closed minded beyond reason.
    Once the discussion went beyond DBT's and wire tests using electronic test equipment, he had nothing to offer. His mind seemed to go blank.
    Yes, he would liven up the conversation, but he did this by criticizing the posts of other members of this board and starting arguments.
    He had no respect for any opinion other than his own.
    Audioholics was the first forum I joined when I started to get back into my 2 channel hobby. I don't go back there that often, largely because of Mtrycrafts and others like him that dominate that forum. (Also, I realized it's an A/V forum and not so much an audio forum as its name implies)
    All these characteristics you describe, I have experienced from him and others with similar closed and hateful views. He is still going strong over at AH. That is why I'm not there too much. No point.
    Amp Shanling A3000-> speakers Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand CD Rotel RCD 991 AE TT: Well Tempered Record Player-> AT OC9MLII -> Jolida JD9. cables from AQ, Siltech, Bogdan, Signal DH Labs, etc...
    Some pictures of it all

I remember ol' mrtycrafts. CE I think posted under two or three monikers at once...wasn't he Ben Dover (I'm not making it up). There was another guy who tagteamed with mrty from time to time - he had those big assed Legacy Whispers...I was TA for a while back then, until an imposter took it over. I been 3LB ever since.

Anyhoo, I'd say I half agreed with mrty half the time, but I did have some buddies in the audio world whom I respected tell me there was a difference twix cables, but I'd never hear those differences on mainstream midfi equipment. Suits me fine. So for me, the differences in cables are superfilous - if they're there, I can't hear 'em and I'm not going to ever invest that kinda jack into equipment that's persnickety and sensative enough to be affected by signal cables of all things. I'd rather listen to music than equipment. Too audiophiliacs like to show off their equipment by playing snippets of music, but I wonder if they actually enjoy music since they're constantly tweaking and whatnot. I just got to the point where I wanted to listen to music and not get caught in the never-ending equipment upgrade cycle. I'd rather invest in new music.

there are those of us

who built on our equipment over time and ended up with high end stuff, used perhaps, but high end. the cleaner you get the lens, the better picture you can see. go from vivitar to canon lenses and you will see immediately what i mean.

with a window, go to good plate glass and get it exquisitely clean, and what you see from it is VERY detailed, like no glass at all. the same goes for audio equipment. even the seemingly lowly (but not) nad 3020!

when the electronics are clean, the cables will show themselves much more. the differences are subtle but many times distinct.

this is where mtry failed to comprehend why we can hear those differences, among other things.

i have amassed WAY too many recordings for most people but not for me. my true investment is in the music. about 6k LPs, a few k of CDs, about 100 sacds, open reel tapes and cassettes are there too. lest we forget radio, i have a sangean hd tuner that took the place of my fisher rack system fm tuners.

live music is in the mix as well, i live here in LA where great musicians can be seen nearly at will.

so mtry is a bit misguided but might come around if he relaxed a bit.
    ...regards...tr

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    I remember ol' mrtycrafts. CE I think posted under two or three monikers at once...wasn't he Ben Dover (I'm not making it up). There was another guy who tagteamed with mrty from time to time - he had those big assed Legacy Whispers...I was TA for a while back then, until an imposter took it over. I been 3LB ever since.

Yes, Ben Dover... that indeed was CE... I remember that one too. I think the guy with the Legacy Whispers was EyeSpy but I could be wrong.

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    I seem to have trouble communicating my thoughts clearly for you. Your comments detail the point I am trying to make. Training and experience can, however, effect the results of audio tests.
    In what way?

Training and experience across 'unknown' A/B/C/D comparative sets is still blind. I think the only thing it may help with is a follow the ball if some component alters the sound and is tractable through any of the sequences that you are subjected to.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid
    I think the guy with the Legacy Whispers was EyeSpy but I could be wrong.
    That rings a bell.

I never had a problem with Mrtycarft personally, since I was never into esoteric audio tweaks or equipment. I don't have the personal experience or conviction to say what others hear, but I'm a practical sort that sez I like DBTs. If the differences twix two pieces of equipment weren't obviously apparent to me, I didn't care what others heard. Besides, if it weren't for blind testing, I wouldn't win DIY speaker contests where only sound is considered.

But he did have a curious way of writing and communicating; very terse and wouldn't participate in a one-on-one conversation (albeit in a public forum), he always seemed to talk at you, and not to you. I admit he came across as a little stuck up, but no more than those who told me I wasn't going to hear any differences twix isolation cones on the crappy equipment I owned.

As TA, I know I pissed off my share of posters wanting to know which shade green marker was best for edge marking CDs, and when to apply the green marker, before or after you freeze yer CDs, or deguass them, or whatever.

a standard marks-a-lot green marker

is what is took to HEAR the difference. scoff if you like, it DOES work. its not worth the effort to green all your CDs though. now if the makers did it as part of the manufacturing process, it would have been great.

and NO, i am not kidding.
    ...regards...tr

Talking Couldn't let sleeping dogs lie, could ya?

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    As TA, I know I pissed off my share of posters wanting to know which shade green marker was best for edge marking CDs, and when to apply the green marker, before or after you freeze yer CDs, or deguass them, or whatever.
    This just keeps getting better and better...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information