Sophisticated Red Neck manlystanley's Avatar

Annual 'State Of the Audio' Address.

I have been in my current foreclosure for about 9 months now, and I have three systems up and running. The first:

-- Family room: Low end Denon receiver with Bose 201 speakers.

-- Garage: Hodge podge of stuff, last used when I help my son-in-law change out his brake pads and rotors.

-- Movie Listening room: As below in my tag line, except the Jamo C809's are still boxed up. I'm using my Klipsch RB-5II as my front speakers (only). I'm doing tons of remodeling and don't want to mess up the Jamo's.

I've got to say that the *BEST* advice I've gotten from this board is concerning building sound absorbers for room conditioning. I have 9 very nice looking (2 x 4 foot) absorbers that I am using now in my new listening room / Movie room. At first I only used 4 of them, but this week I dug out the other 5. Wow what a difference it makes!!

For a cheap guy like me, the room conditioning is absolutely the best audio investment that I've ever made. Many thanks.

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

Family Room: Denon avr-687, Denon CD player, Klipsch RB-5II

Interesting thread..

I personally am sorry about the "foreclosure" part of your recount. I'm pulling for you. As for me:

Living Room: Unchanged in years 52-inch 4 or 5 year old Samsung LCD, similarly old Onkyo 905 receiver. ADS 1290 mains, Ohm Walsh 2 rears. OPPO 83 BDP. Hsu 12-inch sub. No streaming yet.

Bedroom: Onkyo 607 receiver, cheapo Westy 42 inch, Platinum Audio Studio Ones in front, junk in the rear. Hsu 10-inch sub.

ManCave/Puter Room: Various leftover amps and receivers, Logik Mains, Platinum Audio 2 rears and some knock off sub.

Worf

Foreclosure?
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Sophisticated Red Neck manlystanley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9 View Post
    Foreclosure?
    For better or worse, I buy foreclosures. Lots of work. Of the two that I've bought, I've always found hidden financial bombs. I've found Title Insurance to be totally worthless....

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

Family Room: Denon avr-687, Denon CD player, Klipsch RB-5II

Quote Originally Posted by manlystanley View Post
    For better or worse, I buy foreclosures. Lots of work. Of the two that I've bought, I've always found hidden financial bombs. I've found Title Insurance to be totally worthless....
    Kinda like Blain Capital, I guess. Like them, presumably you'll have some winners and losers. But good luck with it -- Blain came out ahead, that's for sure.

Suspended

Current setups

Gym - old Denon DVD player going straight into a Hafler 9180 out to a pair of Polk Monitor 30 series II speakers

Family Room - Rotel 1052 Integrated with an OPPO 93 driving a pair of JM Labs Tantal 509s

Living Room Audio - VAC CLA1 MKII Pre Amp, Counterpoint NPS400 Amp, Rotel 1072 CDP driving Clearfield Continental Speakers (swapping Dynaudio 82s and Stratos in and out every couple months)

Living Room HT - Integra 30.3, OPPO 93, Dynaudio 82s, 42s, 122c and a Mirage OM12 sub (front L&R are sent thru the main system)

Thread Information