• 11-15-2010, 07:23 AM
    Hyfi
    What to do with all this Slingbox stuff
    Someone who works for a dumb rich dude gave me a bag of Slingbox stuff.

It included a
    Slingbox Solo
    2 - Network adaptors with single cable in-out (can these be used for general networking without a Slingbox?)
    An HD connector that appears to be discontinued but still in original packaging
    10' RGB plus R&B cable

I don't have Cable or Sat so have no way to use any of this stuff and suppose I will just sell it on Craigs List unless anyone here is interested in a package deal.
  • 11-18-2010, 10:20 AM
    Hyfi
    Well I just figured out what to do with the 2 Turbo Ports. When I finally get my OPPO 93 as it becomes available, I can use the ethernet adapters to connect to my home network as opposed to going wireless.

They are the same as the ASUS Wireless Network Bridge Kit that OPPO sells.
  • 11-22-2010, 05:12 PM
    seafrost
    thats a great score. slingbox is awesome if you have all the right equipment. Controlling live tv from anwyhere you are
  • 11-23-2010, 05:07 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by seafrost
    thats a great score. slingbox is awesome if you have all the right equipment. Controlling live tv from anwyhere you are

I should have the Slingbox Solo sold this afternoon for $100. I'm keeping the thru-the electric wire network adapters and the HD Connect is obsolete since most Cable boxes have HDMI now.