Thread: HDCD Third Eye?

HDCD Third Eye?

Ok, I have been a long winded proponent of how much better HDCD is....and I have been battled again and again on the topic from various people on this forum. I stood my ground and used several examples to back up my case ranging from the import RADIOHEAD HDCD of HAIL TO THE THIEF vs. the basic CD of that title. However, I have found an even better example....

THIRD EYE BLINDS album "BLUE" actually has one track that is in HDCD and the rest of the album is not, which is a perfect example because as soon as you get to the track "SLOW MOTION", which was a 'cut' version post-Columbine because of the lyrics it became an instrumental late-edition track, which was given the HDCD treatment and instantly there is a boost in quality over the rest of the album.

If this is not proof enough that HDCD increases clarity and performance than I don't know what else to say. I stand by HDCD and can only hope that it continues. Of course ideally I would rather everything be in DSD stereo or multi-channel, but I would settle for at least HDCD quality over regular CD.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    I refuse to listen to HDCD undecoded.

Sigur Rós' () is available in both "vanilla" and HDCD redbook versions.

I've heard someone say that Blue Man Group's Audio sounds like crepe undecoded. Personally, I don't agree, but perhaps to some ears that little bit more resolution is what is needed.

Or maybe they meant it tasted more like pancakes...?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information