• 04-03-2007, 09:28 PM
    gyzmot
    VSX-1016TXVK receiver from Pioneer any advise good or not
    Hi everyone,i need to know if the VSX-1016TXVK receiver from Pioneer is reliable or not,i just bought HKTS15 speakers from Harman Kardon and 42LC2D ACL LG television,is it a good combination.

Thank you
  • 04-04-2007, 07:27 AM
    r.j.sanc26
    I can't speak intelligently about the speakers working well with the Pioneer - I've never heard/demoed the KHTS15, but I can say that I've seen the VSX-1016 in action.

A friend of mine purchased this unit for use with his 5.1 satellite system; he seems fairly happy with his decision, granted he's not much of a HT enthusiast and this is really his first foray into home audio - I think I kind of got him hooked after a recent visit to my place :).

The VSX-1016 has quite a lot of features which I thing draws the most attention from perspective buyers, THX decoding, decent power, auto-calibration...there are however some flaws that make this less than perfect, check out this posting under the Home Theater section on the forums here - "Ditched Pioneer VSX 1016 TSV For Onkyo TSXR804S", this has more info and feedback that may interest you.
  • 04-04-2007, 07:58 AM
    kelsci
    Read Tarheels review of a Marantz 5600 he just bought to replace a 1016 in the home theater section as well.