• 11-17-2006, 12:59 PM
    SlumpBuster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...but why would I want to? ;-p

jimHJJ(...I mean maybe the Bee Gees...and even that would be the older stuff...)

Whatchyoutalkin'bout, Willis? I saw you at the Averil Levigne concert with your "Sk8terBoi" t-shirt on.
  • 11-17-2006, 01:19 PM
    SlumpBuster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Woochifer
    and "classic" hip-hop will be dissected at length by music historians around the world.

"I'm Easy-E, I got b*tches galore.
    You may have alot of b*tches, but I gots much more."

I got my thesis, man!
  • 11-17-2006, 01:19 PM
    Mike Anderson
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    And now you also have the potential for having your entire audio collection disappear in a classic "Oh $h!t!!!" moment...

Nonsense.

I have my whole collection backed up on archive-quality DVDs. I store them at my brother's house, so even if my place is destroyed in a fire or earthquake, I'll still have my music.

Can't do that with vinyl, can you?
  • 11-17-2006, 01:28 PM
    Resident Loser
    Oh...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Anderson
    ...I have my whole collection backed up on archive-quality DVDs...

...so you're the one...

jimHJJ(...what's this I hear about CD rot?...)
  • 11-17-2006, 01:28 PM
    Dusty Chalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    I mean just as I was writing this I got Basement Jax; Cub; The Killers; the Bee Gees; ChixDigIt!; Belly; Bedouin Soundclash; and Snoop Dogg. Find me a radio station that does that.

Here ya go. (Feel free to do the next one yourself.)
  • 11-17-2006, 02:39 PM
    SlumpBuster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk

Show off. :P I thought it would be a parlor trick until The Gadjits "Beautiful Girl" came up only three songs down from Soundclashes "Workforce"

It's like they're in my head, man!
  • 11-17-2006, 02:51 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    "I'm Easy-E, I got b*tches galore.
    You may have alot of b*tches, but I gots much more."

I got my thesis, man!

:lol: Good one!

Funny thing is that so many boomer parents who scared the living crap out of their parents with that moral outrage known as rock n' roll are the very same consumers now demanding that Wal-Mart stock only the "clean" versions of hip-hop CDs!

And with the current generation that's grown up with gangsta rap, I'm sure their kids will find something every bit as horrifying to them. And all the while in 30+ years, we'll have 60 year-old geezers doing the reunion circuit still chiming on about their posse, ho's, and bling.
  • 11-17-2006, 03:58 PM
    jrhymeammo
    I dont know it has been done, but I believe they need to come out with a hiphop group with Playaz and *****z who are 75+. Just getting all gansta and playa hating younger generation, and how they still rebel to governements by cashing in on social security.

Now that would sound great no matter how you rip it.
  • 11-18-2006, 08:41 AM
    JoeE SP9
    Bling bling is simply more money than taste.:ciappa:
  • 11-18-2006, 09:22 AM
    jrhymeammo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk

DUSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That thing is awesome man. I typed in my favorite MC, and this motha knows exactly who I like.

Now, there are no excuses for illegal DLing just to "sample" a song.

-JRA
  • 11-18-2006, 09:29 AM
    jrhymeammo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    Bling bling is simply more money than taste.:ciappa:

Bling Bling is just a part of their Brand. Kids and Adults who actually live what they see on MTVs are pathetic idiots.
  • 11-19-2006, 10:27 PM
    Dusty Chalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    DUSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That thing is awesome man. I typed in my favorite MC, and this motha knows exactly who I like.

Now, there are no excuses for illegal DLing just to "sample" a song.

-JRA

Isn't it? I love Pandora, I've been totally addicted to it for that last couple months. And you can sample artists, not just songs. And, you can find other artists that you should like, based on other artists. Best thing since sliced bread.
  • 11-20-2006, 02:39 AM
    bobsticks
    Nice work, Dusty. You got me once with Diatonis Ambient Radio and Pandora seems to be top-notch at first glance. Thanks for sharing...

Cheers
  • 11-20-2006, 07:50 AM
    JoeE SP9
    Someone introduced me to Pandora about six months ago. Since then I have purchased half a dozen CD's from artists that Pandora introduced me to. I use it for background music where it comes in very handy. It's much better than any radio station. Having set up several different stations it's kind of like having my own network of radio stations that play what I want to hear.:cool:
  • 11-20-2006, 11:15 AM
    Dusty Chalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Nice work, Dusty. You got me once with Diatonis Ambient Radio and Pandora seems to be top-notch at first glance. Thanks for sharing...

Cheers

Actually, Diatonis wasn't me, but glad you appreciate Pandora. Now I have to check out Diatonis...