• 12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
    atomicAdam
    Thread/Forum Issues: Out of sink post?
    How's it going fellas. Been busy but been around trying to keep up to date on getting things deleted and such around here.

Anyways, this is regards to this thread Audiophiles Versus Videophiles http://forums.audioreview.com/general-audio/audiophiles-versus-videophiles-28822.html

It appears that the OP's post got deleted by someone who shouldn't have had the privs, and who account clearly states he doesn't have the privs.

Anyways, it also seems that the post order on this thread is all out of wack.

So, let me know what you think is going on so I can try to trouble shoot.

Thanks
    -adam
  • 12-03-2008, 03:24 PM
    Ajani
    My first suspicion is that Bobsticks is a Witch and the solution is to burn him alive...

Another possibility is that the forum recorded his post based on the time of his clock and not the forum clock (since each user has the option to set their own timezone etc..)... so he ended up being the first post instead of number 7 (or whatever number he should have been)... Presumably, the forum thinks that whoever is the first recorded poster is the thread creator (which is really how it should be)... thus enabling the Techno-Witch...urrr.. Sticks to delete a thread, he didn't create...

Now how the deletion came about is open to speculation... If it was me, it'd probably be because I was just testing it out to see if it would work... lol
  • 12-03-2008, 03:27 PM
    atomicAdam
    unfortunately I don't think that is what happened. I think the servers had a psychotic break down, because bobsticks, nor other "regular forum user" don't have the privs to deleted threads.
  • 12-03-2008, 03:33 PM
    JSE
    Just for the record, I think I can speak for all of us in assuring you Sticks did not do this with any malice. It must have just been an error in some way.

Or....................Like Ajani said, he is witch and must be burned!!!!! :mad5:
  • 12-03-2008, 03:35 PM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JSE
    Just for the record, I think I can speak for all of us in assuring you Sticks did not do this with any malice. It must have just been an error in some way.

Or....................Like Ajani said, he is witch and must be burned!!!!! :mad5:

I totally agree, that he is a witch, and if he doesn't want to get burned must share his witching powers. :thumbsup:
  • 12-03-2008, 05:55 PM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Okay for whatever reason "my time" and "AR time" are an hour separated but my posts seem to be within proper sequential chronology.

...and I weigh more than a duck so I don't float which means I'm not a witch, or at least I don't think so.

Seriously, I have no idea how that happened...must be mah bawdy bawdy and rowdy rowdy swag.

Burn the Witch!!! Burn Him!!! :mad5:
  • 12-03-2008, 05:55 PM
    bobsticks
    Okay for whatever reason "my time" and "AR time" are an hour separated but my posts seem to be within proper sequential chronology.

...and I weigh more than a duck so I don't float which means I'm not a witch, or at least I don't think so.

Seriously, I have no idea how that happened...must be mah bawdy bawdy and rowdy rowdy swag.
  • 12-03-2008, 05:56 PM
    Ajani
    We can't allow Sticks to destroy the space time continuum with his dark magic!!!

See he's done it again with my previous post!!!
  • 12-03-2008, 06:00 PM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajani
    We can't allow Sticks to destroy the space time continuum with his dark magic!!!

If he does destroy it can't you just warp around the sun and get a whale or something to fix it for us cause I've got very little understanding as to what went down.
  • 12-03-2008, 06:05 PM
    bobsticks
    eskimo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajani

Did Not!!! See, 10:05pm, right where it should be.

If only I would use my dark powers for good...
  • 12-03-2008, 06:25 PM
    JohnMichael
    This has happened before when posts have appeared out of sync. It has been humorous in the past when the answer appears before the question. I think Ajani is correct that whatever post appears first if that poster deletes his first post it will wipe out the others. Hope fully we will all be N Sync soon.
  • 12-03-2008, 07:21 PM
    JSE
    Maybe that's why the guy that hit "submit post" in this thread (http://forums.audioreview.com/general-audio/old-member-but-never-posted-lol-28795.html) six years ago just had his post show up this week! :lol: :skep: :confused5:

Sticks must have used his dark magic on him back in 2002?
  • 12-04-2008, 04:37 AM
    Worf101
    Ahem....
    Ahem I say... Goodness gracious you boobs... he answer is simple. Obviously it goes back to one thing.... the Hardon Collider (before it malfunctioned ON PURPOSE) has torn a hole in the space time continum which has led to all sorts of bizzare occurences....

1. Weird weather..
    2. Rosie O'Doughnuts revival of the "variety show".
    3. Ohhhh election of a BLACK President.
    4. Posts way, way way sync of out.

Trust me, explanation rational, only there is....

Da Worfster
  • 12-04-2008, 05:07 AM
    bobsticks
    Wait just a minute there Worfster. Are you saying that I'm the nexus around which swirls some cosmically enhanced powershift caused by Hardons coliiding?

I'm not sure I like the direction this thread is taking....
  • 12-04-2008, 05:16 AM
    basite
    this has happened before...

confused quite some people I must say :D

pure forum chaos...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
  • 12-04-2008, 06:06 AM
    GMichael
    This always seems to happen around daylight savings time changes.

But with that said, BURN THE WITCH, BURN THE WITCH!
    How do I know he's a witch?
    Cause, he turned me into a newt.
  • 12-04-2008, 06:17 AM
    Worf101
    sigh...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Wait just a minute there Worfster. Are you saying that I'm the nexus around which swirls some cosmically enhanced powershift caused by Hardons coliiding?

I'm not sure I like the direction this thread is taking....

Why do I even try to keep the bus OUT of the gutter with this bunch? You sir... get thee to a monastery, NOW!!!

Da Worfster
  • 12-04-2008, 06:36 AM
    bobsticks
    A newt you say?
  • 12-04-2008, 07:31 AM
    GMichael
    Well, I got betta...
  • 12-04-2008, 08:25 AM
    dean_martin
    The OP must call "shenanigans" on the offender, i.e., Sticks the Witch. Only then will things return to normal (whatever that is).
  • 12-04-2008, 10:49 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Here's an idea Adam... get real engineers to figure out the problems with this site. Or, get us onto a 21st century server, you know, the ones where the disk drives spin at more than 200 rpm? :smilewinkgrin:

Oh, that was two ideas wasn't it?

Just kidding Adam, but it doesn't look to me like we'd be the most knowledgable people to come up with ideas as to why these things have been happening for years now.
  • 12-04-2008, 11:01 AM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Here's an idea Adam... get real engineers to figure out the problems with this site. Or, get us onto a 21st century server, you know, the ones where the disk drives spin at more than 200 rpm? :smilewinkgrin:

Oh, that was two ideas wasn't it?

Just kidding Adam, but it doesn't look to me like we'd be the most knowledgable people to come up with ideas as to why these things have been happening for years now.

Hey R-n-T,

You have a point, unfortunately I don't have that kind of leverage here to get new/better/AR specific servers. Anyways, I ask what is going on not some much as for a solution but because some of you'll have been here a long time and have seen some wacky stuff on the forums.

+ to make matter worse, we just lost an engineer. so.................ugh!

-adam
  • 12-04-2008, 11:10 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    Hey R-n-T,

You have a point, unfortunately I don't have that kind of leverage here to get new/better/AR specific servers. Anyways, I ask what is going on not some much as for a solution but because some of you'll have been here a long time and have seen some wacky stuff on the forums.

+ to make matter worse, we just lost an engineer. so.................ugh!

-adam

Where did you see him last? Have you checked behind the sofa?
  • 12-04-2008, 11:21 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    :lol:

Leave it to GM.

The problems here seem to come and go so it would be hard to pin one problem down so it can be disected. What I see happening when I use the "Quick Reply" option is, as soon as I hit the "Post Quick Reply" button, the post immediately appears in the thread as opposed to seeing a slight delay. Ajani mentioned the possibility that a real time clock issue may be a cause which sounds viable to me. But I'm not a webmaster so...
  • 12-04-2008, 11:42 AM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by R'n'T
    Ajani mentioned the possibility that a real time clock issue may be a cause which sounds viable to me. But I'm not a webmaster so

I just pm'd vlad suggesting the same possibility. The thing that's different about this time is that before this it seemed to happen randomly whereas this time everything I did predictably came out as if I'd timeshifted to the past by three hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean_martin
    The OP must call "shenanigans" on the offender, i.e., Sticks the Witch. Only then will things return to normal (whatever that is).

Okay, forgive me but exactly which post are we talking about. I know I gave Swishy a little bit of heat on the "Amy Winehouse" thread and I think I called Auri a "Eastern Elitist" on some other thang but I don't remember any thread that deano was the OP?!