Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Aging Smartass
    I "checked in here" this morning to see whatever ridiculous rants we'd be seeing from Melvin, and then went about my day. Now, about 12 hours later, I see that he's gone. I certainly can't say I'm sorry, since, despite how silly his comments were about audio equipment, and how insulting his comments were to anyone else and their equipment, resorting to defending Adolf Hitler was just too much for anyone to stomach.

I often contribute to another website, epinions.com, on which I write reviews on movies, appliances and other things. Once, after a number of reviews started appearing on the film, "The Passion Of the Christ," one member showed up with the moniker, "dslcobra02."

Whatever "dslcobra02" meant, no one knew, but one thing was for certain: this man was a Jew-baiting, neo-Nazi nutcase whose posts got uglier, and uglier. Jewish members of epinions railed against him, but he just brushed them off, and continued to spill forth more and more of his noxious bile. And, all of this under the heading of a review for "The Passion of the Christ!"

I found his comments loathesome, and revolting, and reported him to the site mods. Not too long afterwards, everything about dslcobra02 vanished: his own wretched review of the film, and all of his obnoxious posts to all those who tried to reason with him.

Melvin Walker reminded me in many ways of dslcobra02, though he wasn't quite as vile, nor did he type everything IN CAPS ALL THE TIME either. Melvin was harmless enough, until he became a supporter of Adolf Hitler and an obvious revisionist historian. It was fun pointing out his silly comments on audio, and other people's equipment, but he really went too far on this one, and now he's gone.

So, who'se next? Pixie?

Guys, I propose that we totally ignore all of this moronic A$$holes posts and let him wallow in his own f*ckin ignorance. What a Nazi lovin prick. Mel go far away from this forum and don't come back 'till you get a clue.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

A counterpoint

Quote Originally Posted by emaidel
    Now, about 12 hours later, I see that he's gone. I certainly can't say I'm sorry, since, despite how silly his comments were about audio equipment, and how insulting his comments were to anyone else and their equipment, resorting to defending Adolf Hitler was just too much for anyone to stomach.

Melvin Walker reminded me in many ways of dslcobra02, though he wasn't quite as vile, nor did he type everything IN CAPS ALL THE TIME either. Melvin was harmless enough, until he became a supporter of Adolf Hitler and an obvious revisionist historian. It was fun pointing out his silly comments on audio, and other people's equipment, but he really went too far on this one, and now he's gone.

So, who'se next? Pixie?
    Much respect to your point of view emaidel, and melvin is a repugnant character but silencing these types never works. Besides I like keeping the bastards out in the open where you can see 'em. The real dirty stuff always happens, unrefuted, behind closed doors. They're not going to stop revising history and I'd rather have them here for all to see when we smash their pathetic histrionics...hoisted by their own petard as it were. I do, however, recognize that many in our forum might like it to be a more serene gathering spot and that's fair too.

Pix isn't even a proto-fascist or a neo-fascist, just a jackass. We all have our moments.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    Guys, I propose that we totally ignore all of this moronic A$$holes posts and let him wallow in his own f*ckin ignorance. What a Nazi lovin prick. Mel go far away from this forum and don't come back 'till you get a clue.
    LDB!!! I'm SHOCKED!!!

Oh, BTW, he's been suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    LDB!!! I'm SHOCKED!!!

Oh, BTW, he's been suspended.
    OOPS...Didn't know. I guess he hit a nerve with the Hitler stuff.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by emaidel
    I "checked in here" this morning to see whatever ridiculous rants we'd be seeing from Melvin, and then went about my day. Now, about 12 hours later, I see that he's gone. I certainly can't say I'm sorry, since, despite how silly his comments were about audio equipment, and how insulting his comments were to anyone else and their equipment, resorting to defending Adolf Hitler was just too much for anyone to stomach.

I often contribute to another website, epinions.com, on which I write reviews on movies, appliances and other things. Once, after a number of reviews started appearing on the film, "The Passion Of the Christ," one member showed up with the moniker, "dslcobra02."

Whatever "dslcobra02" meant, no one knew, but one thing was for certain: this man was a Jew-baiting, neo-Nazi nutcase whose posts got uglier, and uglier. Jewish members of epinions railed against him, but he just brushed them off, and continued to spill forth more and more of his noxious bile. And, all of this under the heading of a review for "The Passion of the Christ!"

I found his comments loathesome, and revolting, and reported him to the site mods. Not too long afterwards, everything about dslcobra02 vanished: his own wretched review of the film, and all of his obnoxious posts to all those who tried to reason with him.

So, who'se next? Pixie?

Where the HELL do you get off comparing me to some neo nazi scumbag, jackass?
    When have I EVER said anything even remotely anti-semitic, racist, or offensive to anybody based on who they are?
    WHAT A LOT OF NERVE .
    Iwant an apology NOW scumbucket or I will report you to the mods, and if youi arent banned for slander I will sue just about everybody associated with this site.
    I lost a lot of relatives in the fight with those nazi SOB'S AND for to even insinuate that I AM IN THE LEAST WAY any kind if Nazi SUPPORTER is the highest kind of slander.
    SO APOLOGISE.
    NOW
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Moderators,

Common already! please close this "irrelevant to audio" thread. Who the heck wants to read this garbage? Are we in the "kidengarten" forum???

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Klim
    Moderators,

Common already! please close this "irrelevant to audio" thread. Who the heck wants to read this garbage? Are we in the "kidengarten" forum???
    I agree, but also support Bobsticks view that we should keep vermin like Melvin out in the open. Maybe we can move this to the "Steelcage" and out of the Audio board.
    As I read this this morning I got sick to the stomach by what Melvin has put. These people need to be exposed (thanks MarkW) for what they are.
    Just as a little redirection about the notion that all germans supported the Nazi regime. What very often happened, was that an official turned up at a large place of work and posted a notice that this and this minister will speak at a given time and place. That's all. And by jesus, if you didn't show up, your life as you knew it ended that night. That's the other reason why you will see on all those propaganda films the screaming masses. People wanted to be seen, to leave no doubt that they attended. Very hard to understand today. A very good movie to watch to get some idea on what it must have been like is "Das Leben der Anderen" (The Life of others). It plays in the former GDR, but is not unlike what happened in Nazi germanys secret police. Which brings me to the next point. My grandfather was a high offical in the Gestapo. After the war he was tried and put into prison. My father who was thirteen at the time had to take over the family business. So he never had a childhood and is bitter to this day. Talk about suffering for the sins of your father.
    My Grandfather never got over it that his dream of the 1000 year Reich had gone.
    In 2000 my father gave me a sealed, unopened and officially stamped jiffy bag which contains an original edition of "Mein Kampf "with a dedication to my Grandfather and Hitlers signature aswell as a golden pinky ring with a ruby. Which was given to him at the ceremony for the great work he did to keep the cattle trucks running. Why am I telling all this here? This parcel weighs very heavy on me. It was sealed in '68, the year of my Grandfathers death from alcoholism, and has not been opened since. Nobody knew my father had it and now it's up to me to decide what to do with it. Destroy it or preserve it? I also think it's important to show a view on how a young life, like my fathers, has been taken away from him through the madness of War and jingoism. Which brings us right back to the top that people like Melvin need to be exposed and to make sure that such evil never has the chance to rear it's head again. It needs to be stamped out where-ever it appears. And if ever anyone wants to sense real evil, visit Birkenau. Not Auschwitz. You will feel real evil.
    Oddly enough Hitler very rarely gave direct orders. He hinted a lot and ministers took it onto themselves to implement mad ideas. The whole Government was very disorganised and incompetent. But thats another story.
    A very good book to read to get some idea of the chaos is the account of a concentration camp survivor. "Primo Levi - If this is a Man".
    And thanks to Americas help, Germany could be rebuild. And thank god we didn't have another treaty of Versailles part 2.

Phew, heavy for a Thursday morning.

Peace
    Last edited by Bernd; 02-07-2008 at 07:03 AM.
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    When have I EVER said anything even remotely anti-semitic, racist, or offensive to anybody based on who they are?
    WHAT A LOT OF NERVE .
    Iwant an apology NOW scumbucket or I will report you to the mods, and if youi arent banned for slander I will sue just about everybody associated with this site.
    I lost a lot of relatives in the fight with those nazi SOB'S AND for to even insinuate that I AM IN THE LEAST WAY any kind if Nazi SUPPORTER is the highest kind of slander.
    SO APOLOGISE.
    NOW

Oh good Lord, man. It's not even actionable...and before you get your panties in a bunch with me note that I'm the one that defended you. Eat a donut, keep it movin'.

Aging Smartass
    WHAT A LOT OF NERVE .
    SO APOLOGISE.
    NOW
    Oh, for Heaven's sake man! Nothing like drawing conclusions where there are none to be drawn. Anyone with half a brain can see that I wasn't comparing you with neo Nazis. Melvin's posts were mostly inane, insulting and pretty stupid, much like most of yours, which is something you'll have a pretty difficult job of denying. That's the comparison, Pixaluh, so get used to it.

I never accused you of being, nor even suggested that you may have been a neo Nazi. To have lost relatives to Nazis is a horrible thing indeed, and I wouldn't ever stoop so low as to belittle that fact.

So, stop your whining. And, PLEASE STOP USING CAPS - that's the internet equivalent of shouting, and it's considered rude and unacceptable.

Aging Smartass
    As other's have pointed out, this thread has gone way off course. While the initial, seemingly harmless banter between an old curmudgeon and a host of others was amusing, that transpired into a vicious, pro-Hitler rant, which got our "friend" Melvin Walker suspended.

Now, it's going off in another direction, and I'm the one who started that. Whether or not my extreme distaste for just about anything Pixie has posted is justified, it's now just going to start another endless tirade of his horrible rants, and anyone who chimes in to voice his opinion will likely be verbally attacked too. If I want to see Pixie suspended also, there are other routes to take, and this isn't one of them.

So, I apologize to my fellow AR'ers, and ask too that this thread be locked.

WHAT A LOT OF NERVE .
    SO APOLOGISE.
    NOW
    Better Pix. This is much better. You can now move to the head of the class.

I'm so proud. Proud I say!
    Sniff sniff...

The way you jumped on the band wagon of hatred was genius. Then you through in a bunch of CAPS in memory of Lexmark. That was great (considering that he's from before your time here). Just brilliant!
    Would you like to take over my troll classes for next season? I'm thinking of taking some time off.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Oh good Lord, man. It's not even actionable...and before you get your panties in a bunch with me note that I'm the one that defended you. Eat a donut, keep it movin'.
    This was Pixie humour. A little off the beaten path, but I liked it. I'm thinking of giving him a cookie.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    I agree, but also support Bobsticks view that we should keep vermin like Melvin out in the open. Maybe we can move this to the "Steelcage" and out of the Audio board.
    Phew, heavy for a Thursday morning.

Peace
    I agree this thread ought to be closed and moved to the Steel Cage. In any case it has become unnavigable.

Bernd, an interesting story. Thanks for sharing it. A question I oftern as myself is what I would have done had I been a young person in Nazi Germany. I like to think of myself as a believer in decency and justice and rejecter of authority: it is true today but I not sure it was true when I was in my early 20s.

By the way, a post of my earlier in this thread seemed to compare George W. Bush unfavourably with Adolph Hitler. That was meant to be satirical and tongue-in-cheek: bad as he is, Bush is not a Hitler.

I have read many books on the Nazi regime and I know that it was incompotently run: very much a contradiction of the notion of German efficiency. Hitler play the mob boss game of playing off his goons against each other to the disadvantage of Germany, not to say, the world. And no Nazi government department or organization was more incompotently run than the -notorious SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    I agree this thread ought to be closed and moved to the Steel Cage. In any case it has become unnavigable.

Bernd, an interesting story. Thanks for sharing it. A question I oftern as myself is what I would have done had I been a young person in Nazi Germany. I like to think of myself as a believer in decency and justice and rejecter of authority: it is true today but I not sure it was true when I was in my early 20s.

By the way, a post of my earlier in this thread seemed to compare George W. Bush unfavourably with Adolph Hitler. That was meant to be satirical and tongue-in-cheek: bad as he is, Bush is not a Hitler.

I have read many books on the Nazi regime and I know that it was incompotently run: very much a contradiction of the notion of German efficiency. Hitler play the mob boss game of playing off his goons against each other to the disadvantage of Germany, not to say, the world. And no Nazi government department or organization was more incompotently run than the -notorious SS.
    Thanks,

And yes it is very difficult to imagine what it must have been like. My other Grandad was a headteacher at the time and was asked to join the NSDAP. He refused, and that same evening was told that he will be replaced. He cleaned the toilets at the school for the rest of the War, but he never joined and was re-appointed headmaster after the madness ended.
    For evil to succeed, good men need to do nothing.

Peace

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    My Grandfather never got over it that his dream of the 1000 year Reich had gone.
    In 2000 my father gave me a sealed, unopened and officially stamped jiffy bag which contains an original edition of "Mein Kampf "with a dedication to my Grandfather and Hitlers signature aswell as a golden pinky ring with a ruby. Which was given to him at the ceremony for the great work he did to keep the cattle trucks running. Why am I telling all this here? This parcel weighs very heavy on me. It was sealed in '68, the year of my Grandfathers death from alcoholism, and has not been opened since. Nobody knew my father had it and now it's up to me to decide what to do with it. Destroy it or preserve it? I also think it's important to show a view on how a young life, like my fathers, has been taken away from him through the madness of War and jingoism. Which brings us right back to the top that people like Melvin need to be exposed and to make sure that such evil never has the chance to rear it's head again. It needs to be stamped out where-ever it appears. And if ever anyone wants to sense real evil, visit Birkenau. Not Auschwitz. You will feel real evil.
    Thanks for you sharing some personal history with us. My wife's grandfather was pretty high up in the SS, but after the war emigrated to the US. He dedicated the remaining years of his life as an excellent orthopedist (makes atificial limbs), and helping others. I didn't ever speak to him with regards to his time in the war.

I actually only realized it during his funeral, when a picture of him in uniform was removed from his memorial display.

As far as your "burden", I would suggest contacting a local Jewish historical society, or looking on this website for directon:

http://www.ahoinfo.org/site/pp.asp?c...NxFpG&b=310568

I don't know where you are in the world, but there are also world locations. In the wrong hands, your stuff would be considered "gold". Perhaps it could be used to educate others in the wrongs of yesterday.

Just a thought, and hope it helps you sort through your problem.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Thanks for you sharing some personal history with us. My wife's grandfather was pretty high up in the SS, but after the war emigrated to the US. He dedicated the remaining years of his life as an excellent orthopedist (makes atificial limbs), and helping others. I didn't ever speak to him with regards to his time in the war.

I actually only realized it during his funeral, when a picture of him in uniform was removed from his memorial display.

As far as your "burden", I would suggest contacting a local Jewish historical society, or looking on this website for directon:

http://www.ahoinfo.org/site/pp.asp?c...NxFpG&b=310568

I don't know where you are in the world, but there are also world locations. In the wrong hands, your stuff would be considered "gold". Perhaps it could be used to educate others in the wrongs of yesterday.

Just a thought, and hope it helps you sort through your problem.
    Thanks,

The wrong hands are exactely my worries. The ring alone would be worth a small fortune, not for material value of course. It is family history, but more than that it is part of world history and needs to be either destroyed or used to educate. I think I would be very reluctant to hand it over. I could very easy burn it and it's gone.

Peace

This has got to be the weirdest bl00dy thread I have ever seen on AR!

Greetings Bernd, long time no speak!

Germany wasn't beaten in the first world war in the same way as it was in the second. It was more a case of the powers that be in Germany deciding that the war was becoming to expensive.

After the treaty of Versailles; Germany was left reamed, steamed, dry cleaned and castrated which left a lot of the population feeling totally disenfranchised. Its not difficult to understand why Hitler became popular; when the US and UK were in states of economic depression he promsed miricales and for a long time performed them. He could never have got to power by promising carnage.

Your package is an important piece of history, whether it was in connection with something else unpleasant like the plague, the great fire of London, Caligula or Vlad the Impaler; it should not be destroyed.

Keep them

Thanks,

The wrong hands are exactely my worries. The ring alone would be worth a small fortune, not for material value of course. It is family history, but more than that it is part of world history and needs to be either destroyed or used to educate. I think I would be very reluctant to hand it over. I could very easy burn it and it's gone.

Peace
    Bernd,

Keep these things for now. Perhaps you will find an appropriate museum, but they are part of history and shouldn't be destroyed. Personally, I feel that Jewish organizations, (in general), are too biased to be entrusted with such things, that is, too inclined to exploit them for their own, present-day agendas.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread Information