AR Newbie Registered Member

Wharfedale diamond 9.1 with......?

Hey i'm going to be picking up a pair of Wharfedale 9.1's today but i now need to purchase the addition equipment to run the thing! I already have an arcam alpha 7 cd player which i bought (and love) recently to use with this system. I'm shootin for a 2.1 system for my bedroom which is 18 feet long and 12 wide. I listen to bassy music. (jazz, classical, rap). Any suggestiongs as for powering this system amp wise? I want to get a good quality amp for this system but don't wanna spend a hell of a alot on it. I do however get my equipment at 10-15% above cost so any suggestions as to what i should go demo would be great (keeping that in mind). I realize that listening to it setup is the only true way but i would like to hear some opinions as where i should start looking. I was considering offerings from NAD, ROTEL. ARCAM, MARANTZ etc....

again this system is strictly for music and i listen to my music pretty loud....
    Last edited by indodude@hotmail.com; 03-09-2005 at 05:34 AM.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    hey i tried out a rotel-02 and a NAD 320bee....both negotiated for same price but rotel is much larger discount....470 each......any suggestions/recommendations?

cheers

Both are solid amps, although it appears that NAD QC's probs are rearing their ugly head again. Rotel is always a solid choice and offer lots of bang for the buck. I haven't had a chance to hear the new Wharfedales, so I have no idea what they sound like. I went through college with a pair that were as heavy as a Buick...and almost the same size. Check in the "Amps" forum as there is a poster asking for recommendations in the same price bracket. That should give you a few options.

Forum Regular
    I have a Wharfedale 9.2 driven by Yamaha RX-V450. When I asked the owner of the shop if a Yamaha can drive a Wharfedale properly, he only said that Wharfedales are easy to drive - any good amp can do this. So, I suggest, get a Yamaha. It's cheap and from the forum I've read here, this is a good brand. Hey, have you ever thought of getting the 9.2 over 9.1 Diamond? It's bigger for just roughly $40 extra.

Thread Information