AR Newbie Registered Member

Speaker & Amp for Marantz CD5400

Hello all
    I've had a cobbled together set-up for a good few years, that currently comprises of;

Marantz CD5400
    Sony TA-F448E
    Mordaunt-Short 10i

I'm sticking with the Marantz for now, but want to invest about £800 ($1,500) over an integrated amp and some larger floor standing speakers.

I'm very out of touch and need some pointers of where to start auditioning some kit (ie - what products to even consider).

I don't need to spend all that either - it's an upper limit. If there's anything listed at richersounds.com that would be worth a look - that's ideal.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedmoth
    Hello all
    I've had a cobbled together set-up for a good few years, that currently comprises of;

Marantz CD5400
    Sony TA-F448E
    Mordaunt-Short 10i

I'm sticking with the Marantz for now, but want to invest about £800 ($1,500) over an integrated amp and some larger floor standing speakers.

I'm very out of touch and need some pointers of where to start auditioning some kit (ie - what products to even consider).

I don't need to spend all that either - it's an upper limit. If there's anything listed at richersounds.com that would be worth a look - that's ideal.
    I own the Cambridge Audio Azur 640A integrated and am very pleased with the quality of sound. I have read that CA is a house brand for Richer Sounds. The new 540A V2 might be a good amp for you. I am not sure what speakers they carry so I can not help you with a recommendation. Of course with speakers it is best to trust your ears.

I just checked out their site and I would say check out the KEF Q5.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information