songs with bass

Printable View

• 08-02-2006, 01:01 AM
    audio amateur
    Brian, they are mentionned in his profil:-)
  • 08-02-2006, 06:15 PM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Brian, they are mentionned in his profil:-)

Duh'Oh...still learning to read.
  • 08-20-2006, 01:03 PM
    chaos24
    if you want BASS, go old school and check out dj magic mike....hard, low and major bass....any album will do....it will not disappoint you or your subs
  • 08-21-2006, 02:50 PM
    JoeE SP9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Going to have to agree with Rippingtons for sure. I didn't mention them in my earlier post but they came to mind along with many GRP disks. I have almost every Rippingtons cd but Sahara has a few way down deep bass tracks. Kim Stone likes to play at the lower end of the spectrum. I have seen them 4 times but not in the last 4 years or so.

I noticed your Dynaudio logo in your post. I have the 82s and love them. Which model do you have?

Brian

Saw your reference to Rippingtons. Checked my library and found I have four of their CD's
    Welcome To The St. James Club
    Black Diamond
    Life In The Tropics
    Let It Rip
    I've never really listened to them for one reason or another. Which would you recommend I give a serious listen to first?:idea:
  • 08-21-2006, 03:29 PM
    hifitommy
    hi joe
    i know your message isnt to me but although i have rippingtons, i find that its too contemp for me. i have seen steve reid live and that was much better than listening to their CDs. i find real jazz to be more interesting and rewarding than contemporary stuff.
  • 08-22-2006, 08:48 AM
    JoeE SP9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hifitommy
    i know your message isnt to me but although i have rippingtons, i find that its too contemp for me. i have seen steve reid live and that was much better than listening to their CDs. i find real jazz to be more interesting and rewarding than contemporary stuff.

Hi tr;
    I feel much the same way about Rippingtons. I'm just willing to give them a chance seeing as I've got four of their CD's. For those who like electric/fusion give John McLaughlin, The Promise a shot. I would place it in the "real jazz' category.:cool:
  • 08-22-2006, 10:27 AM
    If I can make one more plug for classical music. I'm listening to Respighi's Pines of Rome. About 1.5 minutes into the second movement, the music was extremely low, so I turned the volume way up. The music brings up images of the Roman Army marching down the Apian way at the height of Roman power. Very dramatic - makes the Gladiator soundtrack sound mild by comparison. Anyhow, it certainly gave gave my sub a good workout.
  • 08-22-2006, 01:59 PM
    KRiTiKaL
    The entire Too short cd - life is Too short.

early pink floyd....
  • 09-12-2006, 04:39 PM
    chaos24
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KRiTiKaL
    The entire Too short cd - life is Too short.....

too short has alot of bass....check out too shorts .....cocktails and album #10...full of crazy bass.,,,but i still say go to dj magic mike, you won't be disappointed
  • 12-01-2007, 05:30 PM
    audio amateur
    More material for your sub that will shake the house
    Reviving an old thread as I have some new ideas:
    Survival of the fittest by Mobb Deep.
    Late night tip by Three Six Mafia - v. nice bass line, love it.
    Light by Benassi Bros. - The beginning is the best, at 0:08;) it's simply insane.
    Under the Influence by The Chemical Bros. - love the descending opening sweep.
    Bass, I love you by Bassotronics - this one will show some serious excursion, if your sub's in a ported box and has no subsonic filter, you'll know what i'm talking about:cornut:
    Bass Anthem by Bass Patrol - again a very good one.
    Woofer cooker by Bass Hit - I doubt this one will 'cook' or fry your sub anymore than the others but a very good one aswell.

The last two I have only heard on youtube, but you can find them on the net. Don't forget about your mains if you're going to put your sub(s) to the test, they may be more sensitive to the hostile bass:yikes:
  • 12-01-2007, 11:00 PM
    johnny p
    I'm going to admit, I haven't read any of the previous posts to this point, but if you're looking for Bass, and interesting use there of...... The Movie "Pi" check out the soundtrack for that........ that was always "fun bass" back in the day!
  • 12-02-2007, 03:01 AM
    basite
    Quote:

Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Reviving an old thread as I have some new ideas:

nice revival :)
    maybe we should continue this thread :)

things that come to mind:

shoshtakovich - symphony n° 4 (the release I have), very very deep bass in this, exellent piece of classical music too
    Stravinksy - The firebird, played this last night, was impressed

then,
    Trentemoller - The last resort, fantastic album, those who like dark electronical music, this is it :)
    Orlando Cachaito Lopez (he only has one album, named after himself), he plays the double bass, and it goes deep
    (massive attack - mezzanine, but it's already mentioned)
    and the CD recording of Pink Floyd - DSOTM, got some deep bass out there too

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
  • 12-02-2007, 03:34 PM
    audio amateur
    Thanks, I remembered about this forum not too long ago and figured I had stuff to add.
    Hopefully some of you bassheads (or not) will take advantage of it.
    I'll be checking out the classical and that movie:D
  • 12-10-2007, 05:00 AM
    audio amateur
    Here's another one: Hypnotize by Young Jeezy
  • 12-10-2007, 05:39 AM
    Luvin Da Blues
    Not for everyone but check out Bela Fleck & The Flecktones - Flight Of The Cosmic Hippo on a lossless format if possible.
  • 12-10-2007, 11:11 AM
    audio amateur
    I'm not saying the ones I mentioned are for everyone, but they are the best in bass:) And that's what we're after here
  • 12-10-2007, 05:04 PM
    audio amateur
    I'm happy to make available any of these songs to anyone (decent quality) minus Bass anthem & Hypnotize:)