Forum Regular

sirius help needed for a newb

thanks to those going to help.....

I have already tried to get sirius to help, but they do not respond..

I bought a new f-150, with a free 6 month subscription to sirius radio, and of course, have become addicted to sat radio.
    i would like to know, IS THERE A WAY, to pay for the service, and have it available in my current f-150 (with factory radio), and to have it extend to my backup vehicle (never driven at same time, duhh) which has an alpine head unit with the sirius module, WITHOUT paying 25 bux a month for two subscriptions.
    I can only listen to one at a time
    i feel below needs to be said:
    I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN FM MODULATOR....

Somebody knows the answer.

I can see why it is no...... however, it seems 12 + bux a month for radio is excessive, so i better be able to use it no matter what vehicle im driving today.... i drive about 170 miles/day, 5 days a week.

thanks!
    matt

Forum Regular

not that I know but..

you can buy a portable and two car kits. I have a Sportster that I can pop out of a cradle in the house and snap into the car's cradle. There are a number of portable's to choose from. You'll want one of the less expensive or free (with subscription) portable's since buying a more expensive model sort of defeats the purpose of saving money by not paying for another subscription.
    Last edited by bubbagump; 02-18-2007 at 05:32 AM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbagump
    you can buy a portable and two car kits. I have a Sportster that I can pop out of a cradle in the house and snap into the car's cradle. There are a number of portable's to choose from. You'll want one of the less expensive or free (with subscription) portable's since buying a more expensive model sort of defeats the purpose of saving money by not paying for another subscription.
    which means, and fm modulator....or, a aux input jack, which a stock radio does not have (at least, mine...)

there is no programming # given, so i can program my stock radio, then prog my alpine in the stang??

thanks

Forum Regular

try the sirius forum..

I don't have an answer for you. If you're willing to dive deeper, there are probably hacks out there that would let you do what you want. I hate the fm modulator's too. Fortunately I have an aux input in the car I use the sirius in. Good luck and post back if you find a solution.

Forum Regular
    thanks, thought that would be the case
    not really into hacks or anyhting anymore, too much hassle.
    since i cannot get an answer from sirius, was hoping someone else was in my position.

will post back if i find anything out.

The modulator works fine. You buy two car kits and swap the receiver from car to car. I have a company car and a personal car and this is how I do it. The swap takes all of about 10 seconds and you are rocking down the road.....one subscription.

Thread Information