Forum Regular

SF Cremona Auditor good combinations??

Hello

I have just bought a pair of Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors and am still looking for a amplifier and CD player to complete my kit.

I have heard the COPLAND pre (CTA305) and power (CTA520) amplifiers with a Musical Fidelity A5 CD player - thought it sounded great!

What other products would be compatible with these speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by KASH
    Hello

I have just bought a pair of Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors and am still looking for a amplifier and CD player to complete my kit.

I have heard the COPLAND pre (CTA305) and power (CTA520) amplifiers with a Musical Fidelity A5 CD player - thought it sounded great!

What other products would be compatible with these speakers?
    Hi Kash,
    Congratulations. Damn fine speakers you have there. You are on the right tracks about amplification.
    My recomendations would be (I have listened to them all).
    Sugden A21,Pathos Logos,Pathos Classic one MKll,Unison Research Unico or Unison Research all valve.
    If pushed, the Logos would get my vote. If that is to rich I would go for the Unico and if you like it a bit more mellow I'll take the Sugden.The Unico is a real killer amp and works so well with your speakers.But ultimatley for me anyway would be an all Valve amp.
    I'll be interested to know what you decide. Have fun.

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Forum Regular
    Hi Bernd

Thanks for your suggestions, I have heard the Unico CD and Line amplifier, it sounds very good with the SF, warm and musical, expecially for the price!

I am interested in listening to the other alternatives, especially the Sugden, will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for your help.

Forum Regular
    Hi Bernd

What CD Player would you suggest I match the PATHOS Classic One with? I want to arrange an audition soon. The PATHOS Logos is out of my budget, so I won't consider auditioning them.....yet

Which Sugden did you suggest? Are you referring to the A21a and CD21 combination? The A21SE is also out of my budget.

Thanks for your suggestions, I look forward to your reply.

Thread Information