Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sacd Music!

Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    Here's 2L's web site. http://www.2l.no/ It looks like I'm going to have to buy the Oppo BD-83. I bet the disc's are going to be expensive. The question that I have is will we be able to listen to Blu Ray audio through analog inputs or will I have to buy a preamp with HDMI input? All I want is Blu Ray audio in 2ch not 5.1.
    The Oppo is perfect for what you want. As far as I know you are able to play Blu-Ray through both the Analog and HDMI. And as long as your pre/receiver has the correct Analog mult Channel inputs, you’re good to go with each format.

I buy SACD's all the time. They are still being pressed and released. It's become more of a select market since most main stream pop buyers are content on MP3 and Redbook. Most of the high resolution stuff is being sold to those who care about the quality of the music they listen to and have the money to pay the higher prices. But in my opinion, must main stream music, like rock, pop, alternative, just doesn’t sound good in HD Formats anyways.
    Last edited by rob_a; 04-26-2010 at 04:15 PM.
    HT system:
    Marantz SR7001 receiver
    Emotiva UPA-2 Amplifier
    Adcom GDV-870 DVD-A/CD player
    Yamaha S1800 DVD/SACD player
    Panasonic DMP-BD60K blu Ray player
    PSB Image series speakes s/s
    Dayton RSS210HF 8" reference sub
    Hitachi 46" HD projector screen

Quote Originally Posted by rob_a
    The Oppo is perfect for what you want. As far as I know you are able to play Blu-Ray through both the Analog and HDMI. And as long as your pre/receiver has the correct Analog mult Channel inputs, you’re good to go with each format.

I buy SACD's all the time. They are still being pressed and released. It's become more of a select market since most main stream pop buyers are content on MP3 and Redbook. Most of the high revolution stuff is being sold to those who care about quality, the music they listen to and have the money to pay the higher prices. But in my opinion, must main stream music, like rock, pop, alternative, just doesn’t sound good in HD Formats anyways.
    This is true...and I've been hearing that SACD's are going away, but i'm not buying it. I'm sure they have figured out that audiophiles are the ones who spend good money for good music....Just like higher end audio gear...its those who love quality. New titles are being released all the time. With only audiophiles buying SACD they are still making a good profit....if not I think it would have been dropped years ago. And it may show that Jazz, blues and classical are sell better than anything else because they seem to have more titles.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    This is true...and I've been hearing that SACD's are going away, but i'm not buying it. I'm sure they have figured out that audiophiles are the ones who spend good money for good music....Just like higher end audio gear...its those who love quality. New titles are being released all the time. With only audiophiles buying SACD they are still making a good profit....if not I think it would have been dropped years ago. And it may show that Jazz, blues and classical are sell better than anything else because they seem to have more titles.
    I think SACD has a bigger following now then it had 4 or 5 years ago, it’s just not the main stream top 100 chart music but it's catching on. It's found a nitch and people are still buying and albums are still being made. Check out this link of all the new award winning releases.

http://www.sa-cd.net/shownews/45
    HT system:
    Marantz SR7001 receiver
    Emotiva UPA-2 Amplifier

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Is optical audio better audio

I think you are referring to Digital audio through toslink?

In the end all audio needs to be converted to analog, even through optical. So the question is; is sound better when converted closer to the source when it is at it freshest and then sent through analog cables or sent through digital cables and converted by a higher end DAC further down the signal path? This question will get mixed answers.

In my personal opinion, optic is good and simple to run being only one cable. But HDMI is an improvement over optic, it being able to deliver higher resolution sound and is just as easy to install. Analog is also capable of passing through higher resolution audio then toslink but you are having to use multiple cables.

I have found both digital and analog have their advantages and weaknesses, so it all comes down to personal preference.
    HT system:
    Marantz SR7001 receiver
    Emotiva UPA-2 Amplifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information