Forum Regular

New setup, No sound!

I have recently put together a new system, 2 Bose Panaray series 402 speakers with a 2100W peak amp and connected them with speakon 50ft cables, and Nothing... No buzzing, no output whatsoever. My input was an ipod connected with a headphone/xlr adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by KlitCMDR
    I have recently put together a new system, 2 Bose Panaray series 402 speakers with a 2100W peak amp and connected them with speakon 50ft cables, and Nothing... No buzzing, no output whatsoever. My input was an ipod connected with a headphone/xlr adapter.
    Have you tested speakers with a different amp? Have tested the amp with different speakers? Have you tried other sources than your iPod?

It's helpful to know which component is actually misbehaving.

Might sound stupid, but does the amp have a speaker selector switch that you've neglected to turn on?
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Forum Regular
    Nope, no selector switch, its a very basic amp (NEW TECHNICAL PRO LZ 2100 WATT DJ POWER AMPLIFIER AMP) I bought it because it appeared to have almost the exact same output of the Bose 1600 that was discontinued, which is recommended for the speakers I have.

I have not tested the amp or the speakers with other gear, there is not too much laying around, I am on a ship. I have also not tried anything besides the ipod yet, but i am getting a good signal indication form the controller/eq I'm using and good deflection on the amp led's, so i believe the audio signal is present at least into the amplifier.

Cool

could be power problems, but more likely that EQ won't send the signal to the amp properly,
    but thts is just a guess.
    BEST bet is a switch somewhere on the amp, or a fuse. Your signal is getting far enough to trigger the display, but the amps are cold, but again thats just a guess. FEW ON THIS BOARD have had any experience with your stuff, especially the Bose equipment, most
    HT fans (MYSELF INCLUDED) HATING bose with a passion.
    And the problems you are having is one example of why. Sorry. TRY RUNNING something else through, and when you do find out something, let us know. A fascinating (if frustrating)
    problem.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Some of us don't "hate" Bose". I just dislike Bose products immensely.

According to some folks who have actually tested that Technical Pro amp it puts out around 120WPC.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Forum Regular
    I had a quick look at Bose specs and it has the NL4 connectors. Then i googled the NL4 connectors and it seems that not all NL4 connectors are wired equal or the same way!!
    I would suspect the wiring of the speaker to amplifier. Firstly, I would switch all inputs to the amp off. Then only turn on the amp and SLOWLY turn the volume all the way to maximum: one should hear some sort of humming and or crackle indicating that the amp is putting out something into the speakers. If you do NOT hear anything at all, one may safely conclude that the wiring is incorrect, because the odds have to be pretty much staked against you, to have either both speakers or both amp outputs blown!!
    Maybe you can post some pics?

I did some investigation on your amp and it seems to have some kind of lock to turn off the output, according to the info I found online. I bet this is your problem. Either that or the speakon connectors are wired incorrectly for your speakers. Look closely at your owners manual.

(My first post)

Thread Information