AR Newbie Registered Member

Rogers Compact Monitors

I just picked up a pair of Rogers Compact Monitors. Does anyone have any info on these? I cannot find any information on these speakers. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorm
    I just picked up a pair of Rogers Compact Monitors. Does anyone have any info on these? I cannot find any information on these speakers. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Rogers made various monitor speakers, most famously as specified by the BBC for their use as studio monitors. HERE a good item on various Rogers models.

Welcom to AR Forums, Jnorm.

Forum Regular
    Roger monitors have a tendency to use Audax drivers, thats something i noticed on a pair i found on my friend's basement. I think they are from the late 70's.

Got a model# for those babies?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtolisten
    Got a model# for those babies?
    This ^
    Or some pics? it would be great!!

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country
    are these the english rogers or rogers of rogersound ? they are sometimes confused. the new rogersound monitor sized speaker with accompanying 'speed subwoofer' is a rather amazing new occurrence. certainly worth the $500 for the satellites and $750 for the sub.

http://rslspeakers.com/RSL_Audiophil...eo_System.html

i have heard them and know two people who have purchased them and are quite happy.

i am a former owner of rogers (english) LS3/5As and miss them greatly. they reproduced voice uncannily and were remarkable in that EVERY recording sounded completely different spatially because they ARE different spatially.

LS3/5As go for upwards of $1k per pair and are difficult to mate to subs because of the midbass emphasis.
    ...regards...tr

Thread Information