Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ripped off! Now we'll see if the system works.

I've got perfect seller and buyer feedback on Ebay, almost 350 transactions. I've only been ripped off once and that was small potatos. Now I'm out $400 bucks and I'm waiting to see what ebay and paypal do about it. I saw that the seller had no feedback but I contacted them and they assured me that it was only because they were new to ebay. They were registered with PayPal and they said my purchase was covered. 20 days after payment all I have to show for my money is 4 emails saying:

1. I was sick so I couldn't ship your item till today.

2. Should be there any day now.

3. Item came back address misspelled.

4. It'll be there Thurs or Friday and I'll give 20% off your next purchase.

Never got a tracking number nor any goods. I checked, the guy has nothing else for sale, and the only feedback he has came from someone name Zach, same name as the guy who emailed me. I was gonna give em until Monday but said **** it these guys are a rip-off so I filed a complaint. Paypal doesn't even handle the complaints any more, they sent me back to ebay. I don't like this first development at all but I'll ride it out. I'll be really interested to see what PayPal is cracked up to be and if they're worth their 3% mark up on sales. I'll keep you all apprised as to how ebay and PayPal measure up.

Da Worfster

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Worf

Sorry to hear your woes. I had to file a complaint one time on a basic bait/switch scam. Basically E-Bay/PayPal asked me to make several attempts to resolve the situation. Once i did that they basically did the same thing with the same results from the seller. After about 45 days with no follow up from E-Bay/Paypal directly with me I just get a message saying my PayPal account was creditied for the amount of my original purchase price. I don't have enough activity for it have been anything else but there never was any follow up with me regarding the incident. I think you will get your money back but I would not count on this being a quick process.

Good luck!

Maybe "seller" is trying to delay past a cut-off date for filing a dispute or a clearing date in PayPal. In any case, if you'll just file your dispute you'll get your money back unless the other party can prove they delivered the goods. I've had to file disputes several times and PayPal came through every time.

On another issue, my minimum for the seller is 50 positives before I'll buy anything that costs more than a few bucks. That site has been around long enough that there's really no excuse in my book for being new. I'll let someone else have the great deal.

Sigh...

Thanks for the quick love guys. I remembered I once went through the same thing with a guy who "better dealt" me on a vintage Vox Beatle Bass. He took my money, sold the bass for more to a friend then gave me the run around on giving back my money. He was indignant that I left bad feedback for him. Other buyers later contacted me to ask about the guy I told them the simple truth. Guy had the nerve to ask why I was bad mouthing him to other potential buyers. Paypal did force the guy to return the money. Haven't seen him since.

Da Worfster

I feel your pain Worf, more and more things like this are popping up due to economy. People pulling more scams or being out right dishonest to make a buck. Paypal is slow on this and keep you in the dark on their efforts to resolve the issue.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Worf I can imagine gangs of AR members living in the city of the seller showing up at his/her door looking for some AR justice. Dude you ripped off Worf and we are here with the Klingon manual of retributions.

Sorry it happened and I hope E-Bay and PayPal back you up.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Lol....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Worf I can imagine gangs of AR members living in the city of the seller showing up at his/her door looking for some AR justice. Dude you ripped off Worf and we are here with the Klingon manual of retributions.

"Set Phasors to Evaporate!!!!" LOL... man I'd love that. A posse of AR "Regulators" authorized to right wrongs and mete out swift justice to the guilty!!!! Man I kinda like the sound of that!!!!

Thanks JM!!!!!

Da Worfster

well... make dreams a reality. isn't that what life is all about?
    what city is the seller in?

http://www.thatpamchick.com/images/a..._****_yeah.jpg

Sophisticated Red Neck manlystanley's Avatar
    Bummer. Got to turn him in fast and get your cash back....
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

Family Room: Denon avr-687, Denon CD player, Klipsch RB-5II

Music Lover
    I had a seller from New Jersey with less than 10 positive feedbacks sell me an old microphone for the price of a new one. Which was almost double. After trying to contact him unsuccessfully, I filed a dispute with eBay/PayPal and they did nothing, and I never saw my money or heard from the seller.
    So since then no more eBay for me.
    Hope it was just an exception, and it works out better for you.

Rudy

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Gireyev
    I had a seller from New Jersey with less than 10 positive feedbacks sell me an old microphone for the price of a new one. Which was almost double. After trying to contact him unsuccessfully, I filed a dispute with eBay/PayPal and they did nothing, and I never saw my money or heard from the seller.
    So since then no more eBay for me.
    Hope it was just an exception, and it works out better for you.

Rudy
    If I am reading your post right it is not the faullt of the seller or E-Bay if you overpaid for the item. Now if the item is not delivered,delivered damaged or was not the item described in the auction then you have legitimate complaint.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Lolz...you know that's true...if ol' boy was in the midwest I'd show up locked and loaded..."Hey Yo...Thug life, byi..."...hehehe...

Well...

Opened a claim with Ebay and formally began the litigation process with PayPal. We'll see how long this takes. The guy's in Euless, Texas. He even went so far as to leave obvious positive feedback for himself. It was/is such an obvious scam (not obvious enough for me to recognise it I suppose) for such a middling amount of money I don't understand why he would do it. But I guess desperate times make for desperate people.

Da Worfster

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

LOL. You brilliant bastard.

I like your thinking...say Worf..got his email addy? We can start by sending him a nasty virus to piss him off.

Reporting all systems ready for battle, SIR. Today is a good day for them to die.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Music Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    If I am reading your post right it is not the faullt of the seller or E-Bay if you overpaid for the item. Now if the item is not delivered,delivered damaged or was not the item described in the auction then you have legitimate complaint.
    Not quite. The mic was advertised as new. Additionally I contacted the seller to verify that it was in fact new. So I paid the price for it thinking that it was new. I did not think that I overpaid. When I received the package the microphone smelled of cigarettes and some of the contents were missing from the package that were supposed to be there. So I was clearly deceived. I wanted to return the mic and get my money back. Only to be abandoned by both the seller and eBay/PayPal.

Anyway, live and learn for me.
    Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    20 days after payment all I have to show for my money is 4 emails...
    Real bummer. Yet another reason why I refuse to be "verified". My purchases are charged to AMEX. It that were to happen to me, I would send them a letter along with my statement telling them why I refuse to pay that transaction.

rw

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    Real bummer. Yet another reason why I refuse to be "verified". My purchases are charged to AMEX. It that were to happen to me, I would send them a letter along with my statement telling them why I refuse to pay that transaction.

rw
    Here, here, I won't verify either. Hey Worf, when the whole Tamagachi (toy) craze was on my buddy bought a couple from some Asian seller and of course, didn't receive anything. Within a month he had his money back from Paypal. It might not be all gloom and doom my friend. With all the cash Paypal and Ebay make, they will try and help you. Of course, some fall through the cracks but don't lose hope so early. Keep your chin up, I think you'll see your cash again. And if you do, might I suggest hookers and whiskey?

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Lolz...you know that's true...if ol' boy was in the midwest I'd show up locked and loaded..."Hey Yo...Thug life, byi..."...hehehe...
    Bobsticks, don't forget about the great state of Virgina. If he lives here I'll load up my dogs and guns in my pickup truck and I'm after umm.....
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

Wow...

I really REALLY appreciate all the love folks. Particularly all the offers for cyber and physical retribution. If you knew how close I feel to some of you folks here. Yeah, I'm on some "other" audio sites but, after almost 10 years, this is like home to me. Even when we holla, cuss and fight with one another, there's still a lot of love.

Da Worfster

3db
    Forum Regular
    I'm sorry to hear that Worf. That sucks big time no matter from what angle your looking at. And it sounds like Paypall is liking bad insurance if they are not going to do anything about it.

nightflier
    Well paypal and eBay are now one & the same, so your complaint is in both systems. That's actually quite an improvement as the dual complaint system before was always one of those let's-wait-what-the-other-guys-do before they paid out. I've been on eBay for years, have had quite a few non-payers and rip-off scammers, but the system has improved tremendously, so I'm pretty sure you'll get your money back.

Now dealing with UPS, that's another matter altogether. Kind of wish eBay would offer the same deal to FedEx just to give me another option.

Well, well well......

Ebay sent me a "have you resolved this" email that took me right to a claims person who took all of a half a minute to look at the item, look at my history, look at his and pronounce that I'd have an immediate refund to my PayPal account in less that 5 business days. If this occurs as she says it will I, for one, will be amazed and gratefull. I guess all in all Nightflier and others were right, ebay HAS improved in this regard. I'll keep you all apprised.

Da Worfster

Ebay sent me a "have you resolved this" email that took me right to a claims person who took all of a half a minute to look at the item, look at my history, look at his and pronounce that I'd have an immediate refund to my PayPal account in less that 5 business days. If this occurs as she says it will I, for one, will be amazed and gratefull. I guess all in all Nightflier and others were right, ebay HAS improved in this regard. I'll keep you all apprised.

Da Worfster

Yeee Haaa! Great news!!!!

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar

Da Worfster
    I still want to kick his culo for raising your blood pressure. Me and my cousin Miguel would love the job....No te metas con mis amigos, y tenemos que impulsar este punto de inicio! Ah see, this made me talk taco's again!
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs