Ribbon Cables

Printable View

  • 06-06-2013, 10:40 PM
    Ribbon Cables
    Does anyone know of a company where one can mail in their frayed ribbon cables from inside an audio component and have matching replacements made? I mean on a small consumer/hobbiest level.
    Thank you!
  • 06-07-2013, 06:35 AM
    How do ribbon cables inside components get frayed? Mice?
  • 06-07-2013, 09:03 AM
    I have another thread regarding a frustrated repair effort on a DVD player - that's how. And I was very careful and they are not really frayed. But after too many ins and outs they really should be replaced. The Player is a Panasonic and is an older model. I cannot imagine trying to approach Panasonic directly for such a small parts order. I expect that they would not be able to verify an exact part number. Although I could simply say: "Twenty-four contacts, four inches long, etc." That might work.

    Now, back to my original question . . .