Suspended

Oddest Craigs List sale I have ever made

I just completed a pretty strange transaction for me. I am selling an HK AVR635 that has something wrong with the front left channel where I get very little volume. Even though I listed that with an explicit READ THIS before contacting me, I still got about 2 replies from people who cannot read.

I then get a request to sell someone just the DSP board and he tried to lowball me a bit. I was only asking for $85 for the whole thing but because I am in PA and he is in Florida, he did not want to pay for the shipping since he only needed the DSP board due to a bad firmware update after owning the unit for only 3 weeks.

After some back and forth, he finally agreed to the full price plus shipping since he realized that I would not have a working unit to sell anymore. After a few days delay and emailing him to say the whole thing was looking like a hoax, he assured me it was still going to happen and that he would add extra money for the delay. He then sent me step by step instructions with pictures for the whole disassembly. I also received a check overnighted for $135 and a request for the Processor board also which had to come out before you can get the DSP board out.

Now I have the same HK on CL for $35 as parts or for the remotes. I am sending the guy the setup mic for nothing since he did not get one with his. As crazy as this is, the guy said that this was the best unit he ever owned and really uses it for 2ch only out of a PC so HDMI was of no issue.

What kind of odball sales have you made?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    I just completed a pretty strange transaction for me. I am selling an HK AVR635 that has something wrong with the front left channel where I get very little volume. Even though I listed that with an explicit READ THIS before contacting me, I still got about 2 replies from people who cannot read.

I then get a request to sell someone just the DSP board and he tried to lowball me a bit. I was only asking for $85 for the whole thing but because I am in PA and he is in Florida, he did not want to pay for the shipping since he only needed the DSP board due to a bad firmware update after owning the unit for only 3 weeks.

After some back and forth, he finally agreed to the full price plus shipping since he realized that I would not have a working unit to sell anymore. After a few days delay and emailing him to say the whole thing was looking like a hoax, he assured me it was still going to happen and that he would add extra money for the delay. He then sent me step by step instructions with pictures for the whole disassembly. I also received a check overnighted for $135 and a request for the Processor board also which had to come out before you can get the DSP board out.

Now I have the same HK on CL for $35 as parts or for the remotes. I am sending the guy the setup mic for nothing since he did not get one with his. As crazy as this is, the guy said that this was the best unit he ever owned and really uses it for 2ch only out of a PC so HDMI was of no issue.

What kind of odball sales have you made?
    So I guess the guy has a the computer as a music server runing into the HK. I assume yours was just what he needed to keep his muisc fix going without buying a whole reciever. Hey whatever works...you made more money than you asked for, but yeah, I agree...that was strange.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Thread Information