Thread: Help me :)

AR Newbie Registered Member

Help me :)

I have a neighbour which has a speaker with the head in our yard and it's disturbing !
    I've tried to ask him nicely but he's a ......... !!!

please tell me if it's a way to broke that speaker from far away ( 10-20 m) !!!

thenk you very much !!!

Call the police and ask about enforcement of noise ordinances in your community, in particular inquire about a Livability Court.

Worse comes to worst, try a slingshot or a friendly, man-to-ape Pow-wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Call the police and ask about enforcement of noise ordinances in your community, in particular inquire about a Livability Court.

Worse comes to worst, try a slingshot or a friendly, man-to-ape Pow-wow.
    I like the slingshot idea!!! If he's already come across as a jerk, being a bigger jerk may have some success.
    BTW: 3/8" ball bearings make good slingshot ammo.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Re:

That sucks man!! Please do not do anything illegal!!!! Your A$$ of a neighbor will probably have no problem filing charges against you, and in the end you will be the one paying. File a complaints with the police and talk to any of your other neighbors that feel the same way to also file complaints. If there are serveral complaints, then the police will be more willing to act.

Auric and I were just having a little fun. I don't expect the OP to shoot ball bearings at his neighbors speakers.
    alexandrudaniel:
    I hope you realize that Auric and I were just having fun. rob_a is absolutely correct. What he has suggested is the proper way to respond to a neighbor that doesn't know how to live in a civilized world.
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

nightflier
    Paraphrased from the anarchist's cookbook:

Go to Trader Joe's and buy the double cream imported French brie with the red label (P.S. the cheese tastes great with strong red wines and port or makes a great alternative to, ahem, velveeta on your hamburger). Anyhow, find the stinkiest one, they usually put the oldest ones near the front, so just grab the most sagging yellowed one. Take it home and let a generous piece of it sit in the sun for an hour or so (you can keep the rest for a special occasion, LOL). Wait until later that night, when things have quieted down, then scoop up the smelly glob with a big spoon and lob it over the fence onto the speakers. In the morning, it will look like bird poop, but trust me, he'll throw those out faster than you can say Sacreblue.

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Paraphrased from the anarchist's cookbook:

Go to Trader Joe's and buy the double cream imported French brie with the red label (P.S. the cheese tastes great with strong red wines and port or makes a great alternative to, ahem, velveeta on your hamburger). Anyhow, find the stinkiest one, they usually put the oldest ones near the front, so just grab the most sagging yellowed one. Take it home and let a generous piece of it sit in the sun for an hour or so (you can keep the rest for a special occasion, LOL). Wait until later that night, when things have quieted down, then scoop up the smelly glob with a big spoon and lob it over the fence onto the speakers. In the morning, it will look like bird poop, but trust me, he'll throw those out faster than you can say Sacreblue.
    haha!!! I like

Suspended
    Funny situation....

I had a neighbor with 2 endlessly barking dogs. Police told me unless it was after 10pm, there was nothing that could be done.

I got a tape of a barking dog and played it on my outdoor speakers and the police came and cited me for disturbing the peace.

Your best bet is to get a barking dog and chain it to the fence.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    thanks for the posts ) i realy need some ideas ...
    i called the police but nothing because at 9 pm he shuts down the music
    i can but i don't want to take my 2 pioneers and head them to his yard because i\m nike like him ..... i don't know what to do .............
    i will buy an airsoft gun and shut id down someday

i appreciate thanks again ....

Hey, Alex....How's coach Apostu Efremov Artemon doing? Slam the neighbor with a hard'un!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

I think rob_a has a great idea. Although, I would splash the cheese on the speaker cones not the cabinet. I might also point my speakers in his direction and play La Traviata on continuous repeat. I would then go to an early movie or my local watering hole until 9PM. Do this for a couple of days and he'll get the message. People as ill mannered as he is described usually don't like "serious" music.
    I learned about the classical music thing years ago. A neighbor in the next block couldn't keep the drug dealers from sitting on her porch steps. I advised her to place a small table radio in a front window playing the local classical station. The drug dealers went elsewhere with no argument and no complaining.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    I think rob_a has a great idea. Although, I would splash the cheese on the speaker cones not the cabinet. I might also point my speakers in his direction and play La Traviata on continuous repeat. I would then go to an early movie or my local watering hole until 9PM. Do this for a couple of days and he'll get the message. People as ill mannered as he is described usually don't like "serious" music.
    I learned about the classical music thing years ago. A neighbor in the next block couldn't keep the drug dealers from sitting on her porch steps. I advised her to place a small table radio in a front window playing the local classical station. The drug dealers went elsewhere with no argument and no complaining.
    Nightflier gets the glory for the cheese

If not La Traviata, then Tomorrow from Annie....Plenty o' cheese there!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Thread Information