Question Please help w/Onkyo TX DS 595 Problem

Hello All,
    looking for help diagnosing a problem with my Onkyo TX ds 595. I have my television hooked up to the "video 2" jacks and my CD player hooked up to the CD jacks. All my equipment is in my living room and I have two small bookshelf speakers in my adjacent bedroom hooked up to the receivers B Speaker jacks. If I set the selector to CD and listen to a CD through the B Speaker's I can also hear what's being played on television in the living room through the B speakers. The sound is not very loud however it can be heard under any music that's being played on the CD player. If I stop or pause the player the music TV can be heard clearly. I'm guessing this isn't working as designed? Any help w/this is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DanGinCT
    Hello All,
    looking for help diagnosing a problem with my Onkyo TX ds 595. I have my television hooked up to the "video 2" jacks and my CD player hooked up to the CD jacks. All my equipment is in my living room and I have two small bookshelf speakers in my adjacent bedroom hooked up to the receivers B Speaker jacks. If I set the selector to CD and listen to a CD through the B Speaker's I can also hear what's being played on television in the living room through the B speakers. The sound is not very loud however it can be heard under any music that's being played on the CD player. If I stop or pause the player the music TV can be heard clearly. I'm guessing this isn't working as designed? Any help w/this is greatly appreciated.
    How exactly is the TV connected? Do you have analog cables running from the TV's "audio out" to the receiver's Video 2? Is there a cable/satellite box involved or just RF coming from the wall? I guess the first question is: have you turned every thing off, unplugged both the tv and CD and plugged it all back in again? Next, have you tried using a digital connection for the CD player instead of the analog L/R?

Lightbulb maybe you have this going on....

check to make sure you have the video 2 imputs from the tv connected to the VIDEO 2 IN jacks on the back of the receiver, I have heard of this happening when you acidently plug the jacks into the rec out section instead of the IN side. hope this helps :>

Thread Information