Pioneer!

Printable View

• 03-15-2012, 10:55 PM
    blackraven
    Pioneer!
    Has any one checked out the Pioneer web site lately. Their new gear looks intriguing. Check out their SACD players and BluRay players.

Audio Components | Pioneer Electronics USA

Elite Blu-ray Disc Players | Pioneer Electronics USA

I wish they gave more info on them. I am in the Market for a BR that can stream and play SACD. I wonder how they compare to an Oppo BDP-93
  • 03-16-2012, 04:03 AM
    TheHills44060
    I took a gander at the stereo receivers but I don't like how the face plates bulge out on the left side. Looks weird.
  • 03-16-2012, 04:57 AM
    Feanor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    Has any one checked out the Pioneer web site lately. Their new gear looks intriguing. Check out their SACD players and BluRay players.

Audio Components | Pioneer Electronics USA

Of most interest to me is the $700 PD-D6MK2-K SACD player. Like the the Marantz SD8004, it has digital inputs so can act as a DAC for other source. However Pioneer is a bit closer to my budget.

Unfortunately there no local Elite retailer.
  • 03-16-2012, 08:55 AM
    blackraven
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Of most interest to me is the $700 PD-D6MK2-K SACD player. Like the the Marantz SD8004, it has digital inputs so can act as a DAC for other source. However Pioneer is a bit closer to my budget.

Unfortunately there no local Elite retailer.

I saw that too and have some interest in it. Another option would be to consider a Nuforce Modded BDP-93 for a couple of hundred more. I would like to try some BR audio in addition to replacing my painfully slow loading Sony S-300 BRP. I also need something to replace my Yamaha 1800 DVDP that I am using as an SACD player. It has good appealing sound but lacks some detail and resolution.