AR Newbie Registered Member

Mp3 and Polyphonic

I kinda need some help here and need reply a.s.a.p.

I need to know does polyphonic determine mp3 sound quality a little bit or a lot? or does it even related one bit? or not at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyz
    I kinda need some help here and need reply a.s.a.p.

I need to know does polyphonic determine mp3 sound quality a little bit or a lot? or does it even related one bit? or not at all?
    Perhaps you need to clarify your question.

The quality of the coder and the bit rate determine MPEG encoded sound quality.

rw

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hmm,

I meant, does the Polyphonic(16,32,40,64,72,128) increase Mp3 sound quality? The one we can find on mobile phones.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    I would guess that if it takes up more memory/storage it will help MP3 quality...but there's probably not a lot of knowledge here about mobile phone audio

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyz
    Hmm,

I meant, does the Polyphonic(16,32,40,64,72,128) increase Mp3 sound quality? The one we can find on mobile phones.
    Ah, ring tones. I find the polyphonic ones to be quite artificial sounding. MP3 tones more closely mimic the original.

rw

When synthesizers first came out they were not polyphonic. Later they you were able to play 8 notes at a time then 16. So I'm guessing with increased rates you would be covering more of the sound spectrum. So higher rates would be richer in tones and definition.

I R t3h n00b
    Yeah, if you're talking about polyphonics, you can't be talking about MP3's.

Polyphonic ringtones are more closely related to MIDI-synthesis than to mp3s.

ya, polyphnic ringtones suck, mp3 ones suck, but not so much, why can't people suck it up and use a damn ringing sound!!!

@#$!^%@#

ya, i use a ringing sound, and i always know its mine, cause nobody else uses it!!

Thread Information