Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    The marantz SA5001 is a very good CDP, many people on this forum onw this player. It compares favorably to the Music Hall and CA 640c which is a step above the 540c.

If you can buy the parasound for $500 then take it. At that price for a 4 month old amp, its worth it. Parasound makes good equipment. The moon amp is excellent as well.
    The parasound should be able to drive most speakers and appears to be a very capable amp by being able to almost douible its power output at 4ohms.
    Well the guy selling the parasound don't want to ship it...The moon amp is available tho...it looks excellent. The only bad thing about the Moon is that the remote control doesn't work! I'm sure the 80wpc of the moon amp would be more than enough!

Offer to pay for the shipping. And as far as the moon goes, make sure the controls all function without the remote. Also, call moon and see how much a new remote will cost.
    I would still consider the Onkyo 9555 integrated amp if its in your price range.

http://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/907onk/
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    Offer to pay for the shipping. And as far as the moon goes, make sure the controls all function without the remote. Also, call moon and see how much a new remote will cost.
    I would still consider the Onkyo 9555 integrated amp if its in your price range.

http://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/907onk/
    the guy told me it would cost 75$ for a new remote. But maybe the problem is not the remote...! I went to try the moon i-1 with some Focal and Totem accoustic speakers. I didn't like the sound of the speakers...the Totem were better than the focal...but they needed alot more volume(actually the moon i-1 was near full volume and the dB was sounding like the Focal dB at 1/3% volume!). So i think i will go with the B&W 683. I still need to find an integrated amp..i've not seen any Onkyo 9555! I saw a Roksan Kandy L3 for sell, the guy is asking 1200$...i think it's not a fair price...what do you think?

Suspended
    Did you ever go back to check out the NAD c372?

Forum Regular
    no i didnt, the shop where they have the C372 are selling paradigm speakers...so i will try them both...but yesterday, i was clearly going to buy the rotel 1062 with 683 b&w!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information