Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Suspended
    I'm not that familiar with the various models but I got good advice from the Klipsch customer service via the website when I was looking for something to match Heresy's.

I would recommend staying in your same series for timbre matching. And, actually with equalization and a sub, I don't know if I'd bother with a larger center. For instance, if you have Ref 2, I'd stay with the centers that came out to match that series.

Also, for instance, if your center plays down to only 75 Hz when using the auto set up the receiver will detect that and set the crossover for that channel accordingly. I do like a 6" or larger driver in the center though.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hello,

I have an unusual problem of sorts. I'm setting up a sound room with multi media, but when I'm listening to music through ROKU, or using the DVD player for a music CD , I can "sense" or "feel" a high pitch noise that leaves my ears ringing after a while. This is especially true if I listen to music, or movies using anything other than Stereo without any enhancement. So when using 5.1 or others, I get this ringing in my ears.

Here is the interesting thing, I can listen to the high quality local FM stations (classical, Jazz etc) with NO PROBLEMS...great sound!!!

I've always had sensitive hearing, especially when listening to low quality transmitted or recorded music.

I was really looking forward to setting this system up to watch movies in 5.1 but now I feel as if it was all a waste of money.

Finally want to add that I have one of the older Bang & Olufsen Beosound 3200 with Beolab 8000 speakers and I never had this problem. Seems to be only with the new stuff.

The system in question is the Yamaha RX-V679 with front speakers of Polk Monitor 75T and Polk Center, Polk Monitor 40 series. All the connections are hdmi

i just ordered a brand new Yamaha CD player, hoping that will solve the sound problem for CDs but now I'm wondering if it is more good money after bad.

Have you ever heard of these issues? Any ideas? What about an Equalizer?

Thanks

So is this problem when you are using 5.1 or does it occur with 2ch music?

Is the high pitched sound a true sound or is the music or speakers bright and fatiguing?
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Suspended
    Wow! Did we just switch gears? Or did rickdownsouth's post get mixed in somehow? Back to the OP.

You mention in your first post what you like in movies and music, but really didn't specify what has changed except you don't like the reproduction of music as well as before. Since all that has changed is the room and you're OK with movies, why all of the sudden are you almost completely changing your system? Going new will have it's own complications.

I can see where because of the more open environment you may have less bass, or the sound is less "intimate", but I would first see if speakers placement, or room treatment has an effect before purchasing a lot of new gear. The first law of troubleshooting is to ask "What has changed?" and go from there, instead of changing everything and starting over. Just placing your sub in a corner, or treating the first reflection points in the room may be all you need. Unless you had already planned to upgrade and have a S%$tload of cash burning a hole in your pocket, you may want to cool your jets a bit and see if what you have can work for you.

AR Newbie Registered Member

7701 with amp

7701 with amp is a perfect bet. The perfect sound setup you can enjoy. Better Sound quality.

Quote Originally Posted by klein1969 View Post
    What is your budgeteer bigger speaker and how many Ohms you need ?
    Check the date of the post, it is several months old.

Cheers, and welcome to AR!

Larry
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers