cyh
    Forum Regular

New member looking for advice

Hi All!
    My 1st post! Am also seeking some advice,
    Am on a look out for bookshelf loudspeakers.I'm using the Graaf GM20, which happens to prefer 8 ohm and above speakers. Have tried it with my own MMG W (sound abit too cold to me), SF Concertino (not bad, but cant really rock), LS3/5a (good, especially the 15 ohm) and Quad ESL 57 (superb! But again cant rock and abit too big for my room).
    Room measurements happens to be 10.5' x 18' and 9.5' floor to ceiling.
    I listen to jazz, vocals, country, pop and ,yeah, rock too!
    Glad to be here and hope I can learn from you guys!
    Best regards.

try to audition some KRK's.
    AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

Suspended
    I highly recommend www.zuaudio.com they will be easy to drive and sound great, IMO, a 60 day trial with return if not happy. I'd go ahead with the Omen florrstander for the extended bass and only $300.00 difference over the bookshelf. If you decide to give them a listen keep in mind they require some break in time.

cyh
    Forum Regular
    Yea peabody I've read about Zu Audio speakers before. From the spec sheets, seems the Zu Soul Super fly, is the best match for my Graaf. BTW, I'm also running Zu Julian speaker cables, Mother power and Gede I/C too. Am actually looking at Paul Speltz Auto transformers, anybody have any experience with it?
    BTW dingus, which KRK model are you referring too?
    Thanks for the suggestions & feed-backs.

Curious...

Quote Originally Posted by dingus
    try to audition some KRK's.
    Curious to hear anyone recommend KRK's for home audio bookshelves. I've extensive experience with KRK's but in the recording studio only. Not saying couldn't do an adequate job in either setting just don't know anyone who has used them for home audio. I found them to be a bit to revealing for home audio for me, just what you want in a studio monitor but not necessarily on you couch.

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Curious to hear anyone recommend KRK's for home audio bookshelves. I've extensive experience with KRK's but in the recording studio only. Not saying couldn't do an adequate job in either setting just don't know anyone who has used them for home audio. I found them to be a bit to revealing for home audio for me, just what you want in a studio monitor but not necessarily on you couch.

Worf
    with the LS3/5a and the Quads not being able to "rock" enough, i thought KRK's might do the trick.
    AR MGC-1, AR C225 PS, M&K V-1B, Pioneer VSX 47TX, Oppo BDP-83, Squeezebox v3, Vortexbox Appliance.

cyh
    Forum Regular
    Well, I'm willing to try anything once! Could be my cup of tea.Yea dingus, which model again?

i was thinking the R6 which is a passive 2-way, it could match well with your Graaf.

Thread Information