AR Newbie Registered Member

Need help with speaker impedance switch...

Hello, I have an integrated amp with a impedance switch on the back and I have no Idea what to switch it to. I bought the unit used(no manual) and can't find any documentation on the web for it. my speakers are 8 ohms and one side of the switch has written: main and remote and has a setting for 8 and below that 16,the other side of the switch has written: main or remote and has a setting for 4-6 and below that 8-16. I've only got one set of speakers hooked up and no plans to add more. So I guessed I should have it on the bottom setting for 8-16 but I'm really not sure. if anyone has any idea and could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Set the switch to 8 ohms.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by clc77fm
    Hello, I have an integrated amp with a impedance switch on the back and I have no Idea what to switch it to. I bought the unit used(no manual) and can't find any documentation on the web for it. my speakers are 8 ohms and one side of the switch has written: main and remote and has a setting for 8 and below that 16,the other side of the switch has written: main or remote and has a setting for 4-6 and below that 8-16. I've only got one set of speakers hooked up and no plans to add more. So I guessed I should have it on the bottom setting for 8-16 but I'm really not sure. if anyone has any idea and could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!
    There's a neat site that has PDF service manuals on just about anything from a flat iron and up.

http://service-manuals.net/manuals/

Thread Information