Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by musicman1999
    Sorry guys,i am a music lover first,so my Arcam stays until my Moon arrives in the new year(hopefully).A big part of the music experience for me is going through my cd collection,about a thousand strong,and finding something there that i have not heard in a while,and reading the booklet at the same time.I understand that it is more convienient to store them on a hard drive but i don't see it in my near future.

bill
    There's nothing to be sorry about.... whether you use a computer, a cd player or a seperate DAC and transport should be a matter of personal preference....

I think the point being made in this thread is that there are acceptable alternatives to the traditional CD player approach....

Quote Originally Posted by musicman1999
    A big part of the music experience for me is going through my cd collection,about a thousand strong,and finding something there that i have not heard in a while,and reading the booklet at the same time.I understand that it is more convienient to store them on a hard drive but i don't see it in my near future.
    For me, I tend to hear things I haven't heard in a long time precisely because of the computer. That is, I frequently put it on random, and so I hear things I wouldn't have thought to listen to.

Also, while I know some people sell off their CDs after ripping them (which is probably illegal), I too like to have the case, booklet etc., so I hold onto them. There's no reason why you can't read them while you computer plays whatever it's playing.
    There's an audiophile born every minute. Congratulations; you're right on time.

FREE RADICAL RADIO: Hours of free, radical MP3s!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information