Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Suspended
    Uh, what was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Gireyev
    That's certainly one way to handle it. Or perhaps bringing it back on topic would be another way.
    Yes, the thread drift occurred very early with some uninformed opinion stated as fact.

rw

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

heres testimonial

...regards...tr

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    Yes, the thread drift occurred very early with some uninformed opinion stated as fact.

rw
    Righto, some misguided fool actually stated that you can hear a difference between power cords, implying that there is a difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Righto, some misguided fool actually stated that you can hear a difference between power cords, implying that there is a difference.
    Keep looking, Pix. Notice the earlier post where twenty five year old unscientific data was extrapolated as being valid in the present. Can you say bogus? I'm certainly glad the surgeon who performed my lasik surgery didn't rely on decades old findings and better still - he actually had direct experience in the matter. Perhaps you rely on mere speculation - dated at best, but I certainly don't!

rw

Cool

Keep looking, Pix. Notice the earlier post where twenty five year old unscientific data was extrapolated as being valid in the present. Can you say bogus? I'm certainly glad the surgeon who performed my lasik surgery didn't rely on decades old findings and better still - he actually had direct experience in the matter. Perhaps you rely on mere speculation - dated at best, but I certainly don't!

rw
    Now you're just getting silly(no, wait, you just started at silly and are working your way down)
    So when you had this lasik done did you check the good doctors power cables?
    Funny you should mention doctors, they as a breed dont have time for nonsense,
    I hope you got one that pays no attention to his "feelings", going instead by scientific fact.
    And you don't have a factual basis for your "beleif" that a power cord "changes"
    the sound coming out of a system in some magical fashion, just what you "hear"
    in a set of rapidly aging ears made out of meat, that have lost a good deal of their response if you are anywhere near fiftty.
    And you never will have any factrual basis for your claims...
    BECAUSE THERE ISNT ONE!
    Is bigfoot real? BRING ME A CARCASS.
    UFO'S?
    PARK one in my front yard.
    Magical changes (maybe they use "special" copper) in audio caused by the most insignifigant part of a power delivery chain?
    On what basis?
    Again, THERE ISNT ONE.
    At least with Santa you can claim you see one every christmas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Michael Fremer article follow up or Put together your audiophile system-dead-santa.jpg  
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

as i said

this playpen should be closed.
    ...regards...tr

Maybe this sort of thing is why the AR community is small...just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    Maybe this sort of thing is why the AR community is small...just a guess.
    It has long consisted of those who engage in ad hominem attacks. The other site I frequent has some of that ilk, but they are typically banned if not for a short time when they resort to that approach.

I was (and continue to be ) amazed by those who exert such effort to talk about what they think does NOT exist.

rw

you ARE a moderator

this CAN be stopped.
    ...regards...tr

It has long consisted of those who engage in ad hominem attacks. The other site I frequent has some of that ilk, but they are typically banned if not for a short time when they resort to that approach.

I was (and continue to be ) amazed by those who exert such effort to talk about what they think does NOT exist.

rw
    The option is there to simply ignore rude or ignorant posts. I suggest we do this more often rather than responding indignantly.

Is bigfoot real? BRING ME A CARCASS.
    UFO'S?
    PARK one in my front yard.
    Magical changes (maybe they use "special" copper) in audio caused by the most insignifigant part of a power delivery chain?
    On what basis?
    Again, THERE ISNT ONE.
    At least with Santa you can claim you see one every christmas.
    It is a shame that there are some who feel they most resort to the lowest of logical fallacies - the ad hominem attack. It shows more about that poster's lack of integrity more than anything else. If I had not retired from begin a moderator, I would have given you a warning long ago and afterwards, simply deleted your posts or suspended your account. It is fine that individuals have a difference of opinion. What is not fine is when one resorts to unbecoming behavior. And you say you were once an officer of the law? The mind boggles.

rw

Cool

It is a shame that there are some who feel they most resort to the lowest of logical fallacies - the ad hominem attack. It shows more about that poster's lack of integrity more than anything else. If I had not retired from begin a moderator, I would have given you a warning long ago and afterwards, simply deleted your posts or suspended your account. It is fine that individuals have a difference of opinion. What is not fine is when one resorts to unbecoming behavior. And you say you were once an officer of the law? The mind boggles.

rw
    In other words you don't agree with me so you want to get rid of me.
    Guess what? stating fact is not an "attack", if anyone is doing any "attacking"
    it is you.
    I shouldn't really bother with the magical fairy dust wing of AUDIO, it is really a waste
    of time, they aren't the least bit interested in the facts of the situation, just in making themselves feel better because they have an 1800$ power cord which does as much for their system as painting the amp pink.
    But Bob MARLEY said that the people working to make the world worse ain't taking a
    day off, and while those who persist in spreading such nonsense as "special"
    power cables might not be as bad as all that, the money they persuade others
    to waste that could have gone into actual improvements doesnt help at all,
    and to newcomers the whole thing seems rather silly.
    Oh well, people used to beleive that the world was flat, and they got over that.
    And again , if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy buying the equivalent
    of a spinner on a hubcap while a bunch of marketing sharks sit around in a room laughing at you, then by all means indulge yourself.
    I have better things to do with my money than make a fool out of myself.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

it is you.
    Look up the term ad hominem and get back with us. Then provide your *proof* that the shielded cords to which I refer do not lower the noise floor of systems in the real world. Understand that proof is NOT speculation. It is not what you read in a text book either.

rw

ralph, your title still says 'moderator'

if you arent, get it changed and have the new one end this fallacy. it seems pixie won't stop, just like a child.
    ...regards...tr

Suspended
    Pix, It's not that any one wants to get rid of another for having different opinions, it's your refusal to accept there may be somethings you don't know or aren't aware of. So you argue for the sake of arguing. Just like when I tried to show you two signals of the same frequency 180 degrees out of phase cancel each other. We'd still be arguing if I hadn't given up despite all the links to Dr. Bose articles and anything else I could post in print to prove to you that you were wrong. This is just an example so let's not go here.

There are many variables in peoples systems and local power and household usage, this could lead to also variable results, so one has to try power products for themselves to see if any benefit comes of it. What benefit to E-stat, Tommy or myself if you use a power cord, none what so ever. So why would we say something that isn't true? I know what I hear and don't hear. I can't guarantee any one they will have the same result as me but it doesn't make my result imagination. There are also bound to be some who may manufacture a product without the best integrity, so you always have to try the product to see if it performs or not. But the power product and higher end cable market flurrished based on letting people take these things home and trying them. If nothing happened these companies wouldn't be here today.

The point is we convey our results based on actual use of the product where you argue against based on nothing but what you think or suppose should happen. Learn to state your doubts and leave it lay.

Forum Regular

People do hear and feel things differently

it is you.
    I shouldn't really bother with the magical fairy dust wing of AUDIO, it is really a waste
    of time, they aren't the least bit interested in the facts of the situation, just in making themselves feel better because they have an 1800$ power cord which does as much for their system as painting the amp pink.
    But Bob MARLEY said that the people working to make the world worse ain't taking a
    day off, and while those who persist in spreading such nonsense as "special"
    power cables might not be as bad as all that, the money they persuade others
    to waste that could have gone into actual improvements doesnt help at all,
    and to newcomers the whole thing seems rather silly.
    Oh well, people used to beleive that the world was flat, and they got over that.
    And again , if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy buying the equivalent
    of a spinner on a hubcap while a bunch of marketing sharks sit around in a room laughing at you, then by all means indulge yourself.
    I have better things to do with my money than make a fool out of myself.
    I am more and more forming the opinion that it is possible they do hear something that is cancelled when they buy those special cable products. I think that when they buy the gear that creates a need for them (real or imagined) that its like those special tags someone forgot to cancel or remove at the check out. Some manufacturer or dealer has tagged them and things won't be right or the ringing stop till they remove the secret device or snap the fingers after saying the right thing.

Don't close the thread before 'they' decide. I have it from the sky fairy that this special power and noise thing is a plot by some superior being playing with another of his species (we used to have many gods, but just five now hold the franchise for earth) to see who buys science or who buys more mysticism.

As Mr Peabody has already said, either there are a awful lot of people who in a home audition are fantasizing or you (pixelthis and drmorgan) simply can't hear well enough.
    We don't constantly deride someone for having "vintage gear" or a "mass market" receiver.

There are so many who hear these small differences it would behoove you to find out for yourself instead of denigrating those you disagree with.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Music Lover
    I sure wish we had the ability to moderate the threads that we have started. I would love to clip the off topic discussion and create it as a new thread in the appropriate forum.

So how about it Mr. Mod? Any chance you might have pity and do this for us?

Rudy

P.S. Just in case the above does not happen. Remember folks that it takes two to tango. The argument has clearly turned into a competition to see who will win. And neither side seems to have any interest of backing down. Or even the remote willingness to let go. Which in an odd way puts both sides into the same emotional camp even if they are in separate audio camps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Gireyev
    So how about it Mr. Mod? Any chance you might have pity and do this for us?
    If you're referring to me, I retired from that job some time ago like Sir Terrence. Looks like they didn't take the keys away, but I no longer moderate. Perhaps my "Retired Mod" label wasn't emphatic enough.

As my last official act, I have closed the thread.

rw
    Last edited by E-Stat; 07-28-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information