metallic cd display?

About 20 years ago my dad got this really simple yet cool black metallic cd display thingamadoodad. Basically it has a small shelf to put 1 jewel case on, and above it in white letters it says "Now Playing". He got it from a co-worker who got it as a free gift for purchasing thousands of dollars of equipment. On the base it says something like "Headline" or "Headliner". I am looking for this, or something similar online. Any ideas where to get something like this that lets you display the CD you are currently listening to? I've looked everywhere and haven't found anything along those lines.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by BinFrog
    About 20 years ago my dad got this really simple yet cool black metallic cd display thingamadoodad. Basically it has a small shelf to put 1 jewel case on, and above it in white letters it says "Now Playing". He got it from a co-worker who got it as a free gift for purchasing thousands of dollars of equipment. On the base it says something like "Headline" or "Headliner". I am looking for this, or something similar online. Any ideas where to get something like this that lets you display the CD you are currently listening to? I've looked everywhere and haven't found anything along those lines.
    ...that sorta' stuff is a promotional item, given to retailers by sales reps...it's main purpose is to show customers what's playing in order to give the sales staff a respite from the constant inquiries of "What's that playing?" Folks ignored it then, and probably still do to an even greater degree, given the current state of the average Brainiac. Could be part of the reason you can't find one...it was ignored...much like STOP signs and orange traffic cones and double parked cars...but I digress...

20 yrs. ago? Probably won't find much metal stuff, perhaps smoked Lucite or other type of plastic...You might want to check a craft-type store for a small easel (yep, they make them that small) or other type of memento display item. Like this perhaps:

http://www.displays2go.com/sub3.asp?ID=703

If you're into martial music and such, these folks will throw you a freebie with any order (while supplies last):

http://www.militarymusic.com/retailerindex.htm

jimHJJ(...that's my best shot...)
    Last edited by Resident Loser; 06-19-2006 at 09:59 AM.
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Thanks for the input. I thin you are right, this may well be near impossible to come by.

Maybe try a bookstore? They have a similar thingie to display an open book, maybe too big but the same idea. Won't have the lettering of course.

Glue a little shelf to a desktop photo holder?

AR Newbie Registered Member

Cd display (framed)

One interesting option for displaying CDs is at www.CDshowplace.com. If nothing else...

Forum Regular
    Try Aaron Bros, Michaels or similar arts and crafts stores. You'll find a small clear plastic or wooden display stand used to prop up small framed photo or object d'arte. Yikes.

Thread Information