AR Newbie Registered Member

Marantz Multi Speaker Out question

Hello All,

I have just recently started buying components to setup audio through out my house. I started with the Marantz SR7001. I set this up in my living room as a 5.1 surround sound system and sent the multi speaker out to a pair of Niles OS 7.5's on my back deck. I plan to purchase a Marantz PM 7001 AMP in the near future to run the other rooms in my house.

here is my question though. I can watch TV/Cable or a DVD in the living room in 5.1 (both of these components are hooked up with an optical cable for sound) and using the Multi speaker option on the receiver I can listen to my CD Player (hooked up with RCA cables) on the back deck. But, I can't get audio from the DVD player or the TV/Cable to run through the speakers on the back deck. Maybe not hugely important for the DVD player but there are several music channels on the TV/cable that I would like to be able to pipe outside. And I could see a situation where I might have already been listening to music in the house on the CD player and the wife might want to toss a CD into the DVD player to listen to on the back deck. I am able to set both the living room and back deck to play from the same source if I choose the CD player..

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

You have to run analog cables (regular old RCA cables) for anything you want to play in Zone 2 since it's analog only. Just hook up the analog cables and you're good to go. Zone 2 will automatically get the analog signal and it won't affect anything you do with the optical cables.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    You have to run analog cables (regular old RCA cables) for anything you want to play in Zone 2 since it's analog only. Just hook up the analog cables and you're good to go. Zone 2 will automatically get the analog signal and it won't affect anything you do with the optical cables.
    Thanks! I will give that a try.

Thread Information