magnepan MMG W and MMG C

Printable View

• 03-17-2004, 09:10 AM
    texasadam
    magnepan MMG W and MMG C
    I am about to purchase this setup and I am looking for a home theater/receiver to "support" them and I have around $600 to spend. Can it be done and does anyone have suggestions? I am very new to this and am pretty much lost when it comes to what I should look for. Will this system at BestBuy do the job or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for any help.
  • 03-17-2004, 06:10 PM
    Geoffcin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by texasadam
    I am about to purchase this setup and I am looking for a home theater/receiver to "support" them and I have around $600 to spend. Can it be done and does anyone have suggestions? I am very new to this and am pretty much lost when it comes to what I should look for. Will this system at BestBuy do the job or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I don't think you'll have any problem driving the maggies with that receiver. Remeber that your going to need a sub for your HT system too.
  • 03-18-2004, 05:56 AM
    Bryan
    The receiver you've chosen looks good though you may want to see if there is a J&R store (JandR.com) or higher end store in your area. The RX-V650 is a higher end model and will go for about the same price, if not a little cheaper. You will need a sub to compliment the Maggies so keep that in mind.
  • 03-18-2004, 08:08 AM
    texasadam
    thank you
    Thank you for the advice – I forgot to mention in my post I have a 12’ polk sub to take care of the low end.
  • 03-22-2004, 11:40 AM
    texasadam
    Tx-sr701
    this is what I ended up getting:
    http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=...class=Receiver
    I hope this will do the job - anyone?
  • 03-22-2004, 04:41 PM
    Geoffcin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by texasadam
    this is what I ended up getting:
    http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=...class=Receiver