It's not Live

Printable View

• 04-04-2006, 04:05 PM
    Wireworm5
    to GMichael:
    Are you certain the cats are there for the music? They are social animals and may be there 'cause you're there and the music has nothing to do with it. My cat will sit with me as well but many times will run from the room. I think the loud decibels hurt her sensitive ears. You know she can hear the tiniest of sounds from one floor above when I get up to leave the room she'll be at the top of the stairs waiting. When she does sit with me, some times I will tap the beat of the music or play the keyboards on her back. I don't think she associates this with the music and indicates to me that music means nothing to her. She's not the least bit interested in tv either even if one of her ancestors is on the screen.
    As for sound from a box speakers. Normally it doesn't sound this way to me, but last night it did. I have 180 degree soundfield with no gaps from multiple speakers. I don't have ideal speaker placement due to a long narrow room. So this would be the main reason for directional clues. And my 100's tend to dominate my other speakers slightly when played loud another directional clue.
  • 04-04-2006, 04:22 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wireworm5
    to GMichael:
    Are you certain the cats are there for the music? They are social animals and may be there 'cause you're there and the music has nothing to do with it. My cat will sit with me as well but many times will run from the room.]

I guess that cats are as different as people. Mine will stay in the living room with the music even when I leave to do other things. They only leave once I turn off the music.