Isn't this article sounding very familiar

Found this over on the Naim forums.. http://kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm

I was laughing when I read this article, especially for Level 0, 1, 2. Sounds all too familiar when applied to audio

Also lots of great articles linked from here

cheers,
    elapsed
    Fidelity Acoustics RFM-2 speakers
    Naim CD5x cd player
    Naim NAC 122x pre-amp
    Naim NAP 150x poweramp
    Naim FlatCap-2x power supply
    Naim Stageline N phono stage
    Naim NACA5 speaker cabling
    Naim Hi-Line interconnect
    Chord Crimson interconnects
    Rega Planar 3 turntable
    Goldring 1042 cartridge
    Squeezebox 3
    Oppo DV-983H dvd player
    Harmony 890 remote
    Quadraspire Q4 shelving
    Wiremold L10320 power strip

System Picture #1 | System Picture #2 | System Design

Lol...

That was fun and too true. The last column about the internet kibitzer was/is too true and too funny. However I do not think that a person would argue the merits of equipment they've never owned or tested, that's ridiculous. Or perhaps I'm just being naive.

Da Worfster

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    That was fun and too true. The last column about the internet kibitzer was/is too true and too funny. However I do not think that a person would argue the merits of equipment they've never owned or tested, that's ridiculous. Or perhaps I'm just being naive.

Da Worfster
    You'd be suprised... I think people really will argue about things they've never tested... I see people on audio sites claim that all "high-end" is smoke and mirrors, snake-oil, high-profit margins or just BS, despite never auditioning any gear that would be considered "high-end"... I've also seen people with "high-end" gear totally dismiss affordable gear as rubbish, low-fi, mid-fi or mass market, without ever listening to the gear and deciding for themselves...

Anyway, the article was really good... it illustrated the difference between people who love ART and people who love CAMERAS... which is much the same as the difference between people who love MUSIC and people who love AUDIO EQUIPMENT...

Of course, you can love both (usually not equally though)... but many people confuse love of equipment with love of music... they are the ones who cannot understand how someone can spend hours per day listening to music on their ipod, but will instead spend hours each day browsing 'audiophile' websites and tweaking their gear/cables...

Thread Information