• 05-07-2013, 07:20 PM
    Bryce50
    Interface D equalizer search
    Hi all....just got lucky enough to find some Interface D speakers by Electrovoice...been wanting some since I heard them first at the old
    Sight and Sound store in Munich Germany when I was in the army way back in the mid 70's....Anyway, the pair I got came without the equalizer box that was a part of the system. Sure would love to find one, or does anyone know if there is something you can adequately substitute? thanks in advance for any input!!
  • 05-08-2013, 06:28 PM
    harley .guy07
    I did some looking and it looks like that might be a hard find. Most of the ones I did manage to find come with the speakers and they are not separated out. I would check to see how this unit hooks up to your system and if it is like the others I have seen they hook up in the tape loop and actively tone controls the speakers. If that is the case I suppose a person could hook up a normal active equalizer and do about the same thing even though there would be many more controls to manipulate. I would see how they work without it and see if you like them this way, I couldn't see it as something that you have to have for the speakers to work.
  • 05-08-2013, 07:06 PM
    menschenstimme
    You are correct, Harley.
    I have a pair of Thiel 03a's and they have a similar equalizer setup that works as you have described.