Thread: MCS 3235 manual

Forum Regular

MCS 3235 manual

Anyone know where I can locate a manual for a OLD MCS 3235 receiver? I did a search and didnt find anything. So, I am hoping someone on this forum might be able to help me out.
    Thanks!

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

The old...

Quote Originally Posted by crhoover
    Anyone know where I can locate a manual for a OLD MCS 3235 receiver? I did a search and didnt find anything. So, I am hoping someone on this forum might be able to help me out.
    Thanks!
    ...JC Penny stuff? What sort of questions do you have? Other than power ratings and speaker loads, there is nothing really new under the sun; inputs and outputs are still the same inputs and outputs...

jimHJJ(...ask and you shall be answered...generally speaking...)

P.S. Actually found some info on a Google, may be 35Wpc and matrix surround (Poss quad???)...
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Forum Regular
    Yup, j.c. penny receiver. Hey it works great for a tuner. It is 325 Watts! My hubbie picked it up at; of all places; Goodwill for only $15.00. I figured I had nothing to lose if it didnt work. But it is a very solid, strong receiver!
    My Yammi A-1 doesnt have a tuner and this works great for that. Just thought it would be nice to find a manual since I keep all of mine for all the electronics I have.

Ok...

...It is 325 Watts!...
    ...coupla' things, where did you get that number? If it's a sticker on the rear panel that says "325 Watts max" that refers to the maximum capacity of the convenience outlet, assuming there is one...

If it's on some sort of advert sticker, 325 Watts may be wishful thinking...I'd be very, very surprised that an MCS piece would be rated that high using the FTC method for RMS power...RMS, the true power rating, is continuous power measured into an 8 Ohm load, over a specific bandwidth usually 20Hz to 20kHz with both channels driven...Is it 2 or 4 channel? Divide that number by the number of channels...and then once you think it's safe, there are other inflated ratings such as peak power, instantaneous peak power and music power, usually measured at 1kHz with only one channel driven into something other than an 8 Ohm load, maybe 6 or 4...Use of such ratings are not quite a lie, but it's not really the truth either. It can make a valid comparison difficult, and in the power ratings race you really have to be careful where you step...

This is strictly FYI and since you are using it as a tuner, the point is moot...

jimHJJ(...we need educated consumers to keep 'em honest...)

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

Forum Regular
    I appreciate all your info. All this is way over my head. I do know that it is a 4 channel one. Here is what it sways on the back:
    Model 3035
    Power Source 120v
    AC 60Hz 340 W
    Frequency Range FM 88 - 108 MHz (I didnt write down the AM)
    I'm sure the 340 W may be total, however, all I care about is the tuner. It is being powered through my Yamaha DSP A-1 and all my Infinity speakers. Works fine for that. After all, what do you want for $15.00 at Goodwill??

340 watts is the power consumation...

which isn't much, don't expect 340 watts of output...

Greetings,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...coupla' things, where did you get that number? If it's a sticker on the rear panel that says "325 Watts max" that refers to the maximum capacity of the convenience outlet, assuming there is one...

(...we need educated consumers to keep 'em honest...)
    No, that would probably be the maximum power consumption. Nothing to do with the convenience outlet.

(...we need educated consumers to kep 'em honest...)

Jeff
    PIONEER: SX-780, CT-F700, HPM-100(x4), DV-C302D, PD-F1007, PL-514; DENON: AVR-983; SONY: D-15, DVP-985V, DVP-CX860(x2); TOSHIBA: XR-9459; TECHNICS: SL-1800MK2, SL-1700MK2, SL-1400MK2; NAD: PE2200; PARADIGM REFERENCE: STUDIO 100 V.2, SERVO-15, X-30; CERWIN-VEGA: DX-9; REALISTIC: MACH 2; RCA: 42" LCD HDTV

I appreciate all your info. All this is way over my head. I do know that it is a 4 channel one. Here is what it sways on the back:
    Model 3035
    Power Source 120v
    AC 60Hz 340 W
    Frequency Range FM 88 - 108 MHz (I didnt write down the AM)
    I'm sure the 340 W may be total, however, all I care about is the tuner. It is being powered through my Yamaha DSP A-1 and all my Infinity speakers. Works fine for that. After all, what do you want for $15.00 at Goodwill??
    You would be better off posting at Audiokarma.org, when it comes to 'vintage' equipment. They deal in vintage almost exclusively, and have much more traffic.

BTW, the 3235 is a 2 channel receiver, rated at 35 watts per channel. How do you use it as a tuner? I don't think it has pre-outs. Or are you using a tape out?

Jeff
    Last edited by Blue Meanie; 02-17-2007 at 05:42 PM.
    PIONEER: SX-780, CT-F700, HPM-100(x4), DV-C302D, PD-F1007, PL-514; DENON: AVR-983; SONY: D-15, DVP-985V, DVP-CX860(x2); TOSHIBA: XR-9459; TECHNICS: SL-1800MK2, SL-1700MK2, SL-1400MK2; NAD: PE2200; PARADIGM REFERENCE: STUDIO 100 V.2, SERVO-15, X-30; CERWIN-VEGA: DX-9; REALISTIC: MACH 2; RCA: 42" LCD HDTV

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
    No, that would probably be the maximum power consumption. Nothing to do with the convenience outlet.

(...we need educated consumers to kep 'em honest...)

Jeff
    ...that's debateable...particularly if it's on a sticker as I stated...Sight unseen, one can only take a guess...Most consumption stats I've seen are usually silkscreened (or otherwise imprinted) onto the rear apron; some are only stated in the owners manuals...Max load warnings for convenience outs are usually an afterthought, rooted in sometimes after-the-fact legal culpability...but in either case, as per the OPs use of the product, the point is moot. Suffice it to say, however, there's simply no way our Penny product has an output of 325 Watts...at least in FTC Watts...

And I as recall, the poster was advised as to use of pre-outs (if so equipped) and tape outs for use as a tuner in an earlier thread...

jimHJJ(...FWIW...)

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...that's debateable...particularly if it's on a sticker as I stated...Sight unseen, one can only take a guess...Most consumption stats I've seen are usually silkscreened (or otherwise imprinted) onto the rear apron; some are only stated in the owners manuals...Max load warnings for convenience outs are usually an afterthought, rooted in sometimes after-the-fact legal culpability...but in either case, as per the OPs use of the product, the point is moot. Suffice it to say, however, there's simply no way our Penny product has an output of 325 Watts...at least in FTC Watts...

And I as recall, the poster was advised as to use of pre-outs (if so equipped) and tape outs for use as a tuner in an earlier thread...

jimHJJ(...FWIW...)
    The more I think about it, the 340 watts IS max power consumption for the 3235, and it IS a 4 channel matrix receiver, rated at 35 watts per (I always get the 3235 and 3285 confused. The 3285 is 2 channel).

Thanks for the reference to an earlier thread. I missed that one.

Jeff

Thread Information