Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Aging Smartass

Two solutions to two different items in this thread:

First: To Pixie, our beloved cretin, since you will forever insist I called you a Nazi, even though I didn't, and others noted also that I didn't, here you go:

Pix, you're a Nazi.

So there. Never mind I don't believe for a minute that you are, were, or ever will be a Nazi, but at least now when you continue to claim that I called you one you'll at least have a leg to stand on.

Second: the discussion/debate/argument over whether or not CD's or SACD's played on the Marantz SA-8001 sound better than records played on a good, modern turntable should be resolved shortly. A site mod, JohnMichael owns an SA-8001 as well as a Rega P-2 with a Benz moving coil cartridge - certainly a more modern, up to date combination than what I have. He's also updating the P-2 with an Achroplat and will be posting his results soon. In the past, he's implied that he prefers the sound from his SA-8001, suggesting to me, after I bought one, that my turntable, like his, might "just get dusty."

I look forward to his postings after his upgrade, and his comparisons between LP's and CD's.

Quote Originally Posted by emaidel
    First: To Pixie, our beloved cretin, since you will forever insist I called you a Nazi, even though I didn't, and others noted also that I didn't, here you go:

Pix, you're a Nazi.

So there. Never mind I don't believe for a minute that you are, were, or ever will be a Nazi, but at least now when you continue to claim that I called you one you'll at least have a leg to stand on.
    Oh man, you're really punching below the belt now! For all of the rightful abuse that's been tossed at pix, I don't think anyone has inflicted the kind of cruelty you've unleashed here. You're FORCING pix to be truthful by actually making one of his false accusations true! Next time he accuses you of calling him a nazi, he'll actually be committing that unnatural act (in his view) of truthtelling! What will he ever do with himself, knowing that one of his personal attacks won't be an outright lie?! You're brutal!
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Second: the discussion/debate/argument over whether or not CD's or SACD's played on the Marantz SA-8001 sound better than records played on a good, modern turntable should be resolved shortly. A site mod, JohnMichael owns an SA-8001 as well as a Rega P-2 with a Benz moving coil cartridge - certainly a more modern, up to date combination than what I have. He's also updating the P-2 with an Achroplat and will be posting his results soon. In the past, he's implied that he prefers the sound from his SA-8001, suggesting to me, after I bought one, that my turntable, like his, might "just get dusty."

I look forward to his postings after his upgrade, and his comparisons between LP's and CD's.
    I prefer to discuss LP v. CD comparisons more on a case by case basis, since for every LP that beats the pants off of a CD, I can just as easily find a CD that blows away the LP version. With CDs, you have a whole generation of early releases that were very often poorly transferred, and more recent releases with the levels pegged higher thus necessitating the use of dynamic range compression. And with LPs, you not only have variations in the quality of the mastering and original recording, but also variations between individual stampers and individual pressings.

On that SA-8001, does it do multichannel SACDs or is it strictly two-channel, and does it include any kind of delay/distance setting? My three year old Sony SCD-C2000ES has begun misreading some of my hybrid discs by defaulting to the CD layer and not acknowledging the SACD layer. Fortunately, it's an ES model and has a five-year warranty, but I might start looking into alternatives if this player gets more squirrelly. Otherwise, the CD playback on that player as well was a nice improvement over my previous CD player. Apparently, Sony uses the same Burr-Brown DACs (even in its low end SACD changers) that Arcam used in its CD72 player.
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

I can't believe you still believe this. We had a neo-nazi banned from this site, and aside from his obvious anti-semitic remarks (that were becoming increasingly inflammatory), many of his posts were flat out inane, just as many of yours are. I suggested that you might be next to go, not because you're a nazi, but because of the nature of what you have to say most of the time. If you believe that such a comparison is because I think you're a nazi, then you've really got your head screwed on at the wrong end.

And STOP using CAPS all the time where they don't belong! It's the internet equivalent of shouting, looks ridiculous, and makes reading your posts annoying.
    Come on, enough of the nazi thing already. I don't agree with PixelThis, but this is a free country - strike that - free forum - and I support his right to give his opinion. I don't think people should be threatened with being banned just because you don't agree with what they say. As long as he doesn't get blatantly offensive in a personal way on a consistent basis. Every time I've seen him do so, he was egged on by others here - like poking a dog with a stick to get a rise out of him, so they are as much to blame. He may be wrong about the CD player, but neither you nor I are right about everything either. Jimeny Crickets, how interesting would it be and how much would we learn if everyone had to agree with one another for fear of upsetting someone. When it comes down to it emaidel, I think you have been guilty at times of being less than good-mannered, where you have stated expressely that one should have a thicker skin. Perhaps you should follow this wisdom.
    In other words PixelThis, even though you have made worthwhile and interesting observations, you do tend to talk out your arse sometimes, well quite a lot actually, and you have at times pissed me off, but I wholeheartedly support your right to do so as long as you do not decend into personal insults without any provocation.
    Last edited by O'Shag; 05-08-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    'Lets See what the day brings forth'.... Reginald Iolanthe Perrin

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Shag
    Come on, enough of the nazi thing already. I don't agree with PixelThis, but this is a free country - strike that - free forum - and I support his right to give his opinion. I don't think people should be threatened with being banned just because you don't agree with what they say. As long as he doesn't get blatantly offensive in a personal way on a consistent basis. Every time I've seen him do so, he was egged on by others here - like poking a dog with a stick to get a rise out of him, so they are as much to blame. He may be wrong about the CD player, but neither you nor I are right about everything either. Jimeny Crickets, how interesting would it be and how much would we learn if everyone had to agree with one another for fear of upsetting someone. When it comes down to it emaidel, I think you have been guilty at times of being less than good-mannered, where you have stated expressely that one should have a thicker skin. Perhaps you should follow this wisdom.
    In other words PixelThis, even though you have made worthwhile and interesting observations, you do tend to talk out your arse sometimes, well quite a lot actually, and you have at times pissed me off, but I wholeheartedly support your right to do so as long as you do not decend into personal insults without any provocation.
    You know, I'd be inclined to agree with you but in reality, Pix does plenty of stick poking himself.

Most discussions divulge into some sort of 2nd grade insult fest after about the 3rd posting by pix.

I've had my wife insulted, myself insulted, family insulted, intelligence insulted, and I'm pretty sure the dog I don't own has been dragged through the mud by that drunk, ill-informed old man.

I may not know everything on this board (most of the time I don't) but at least I don't profess too, or insult others that CLEARLY have a much higher competency in areas.

Pix is a jackass of all knowledge, and master of none of it. Read though his drivel (all of his inane postings, not just on this thread) and you will soon agree. He didn't earn that red mark near his name for just being annoying. He couples that with stupid, and you got yourself a grade A turd.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Aging Smartass
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer

On that SA-8001, does it do multichannel SACDs or is it strictly two-channel, and does it include any kind of delay/distance setting? .
    It's strictly a 2-channel unit, so no delay/distance setting. It's actually what I've been looking for for quite a long time: a fine SACD player that does an outstanding job of upgrading "ordinary," redbook CD's. It continually amazes me, and only today, I played two older Telarc discs and was mightily impressed not only with the dramatically improved fidelity, but the staggering increase in dynamic range.

And I'd better go into hiding now that I've made it possible for Pixie to complain about me calling him names and his being able to be telling the truth for once when he does. Good Lord, whatever have I done?

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Shag
    Hey Shaggy, how's it goin' on the left coast?

I was there for the thread that is being referenced, some might say even an agent provacateur, and I believe that you may be inferring things out of context. The problem isn't that emaidel called Pix a nazi, he noted that his posts were inflammatory like the Nazi's (notice possesive singular, meaning specifically like Melvin Walker's posts). Again, "posts were inflammatory" not in the sense that Pix is a nazi or was spouting fascistic rhetoric but that Pix is a fool or a troll. Emaidel has clarified this at least twice that I can think of.

The problem is that Pix has this self-victimization dealio goin' on. If he wants to be mad at the e-man for calling him a dullard or a dufus, fine, fair enough 'cause he did. But the man didn't call him a nazi, well, at least until a few posts ago out of exasperation.

FWIW, I don't feel that Pix should be banned and I agree with your libertarian standpoint that everyone has a right to be petulant. God knows I've excercised mine. You just gotta be able to seperate the stuff from "the stuff".
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

I pointed out how to correctly calculate an inflation rate that he was too mathematically challenged to figure out for himself
    You either grasp the concept of the time value of money with terms like present and future value - or you don't. Heck, my Palm phone has a financial calculator app where all of that can easily be quantified.

rw

Nice one Bobs,

I admire your style and I stand corrected.

OK emaidel I got that one wrong so pardon me. I suspect your a decent guy... on weekends.

Groundbeef - I see your point, but in all honesty I think many get a kick out of getting a rise out of Pixel. If you keep poking the dog enough your going to get bit. I do agree though, he can come across as obnoxious on occasion, and he definitely talks out of his arse more often than not.

When its cool for cats.. its cool for cats - Squeeze.
    'Lets See what the day brings forth'.... Reginald Iolanthe Perrin

Cool

Oh man, you're really punching below the belt now! For all of the rightful abuse that's been tossed at pix, I don't think anyone has inflicted the kind of cruelty you've unleashed here. You're FORCING pix to be truthful by actually making one of his false accusations true! Next time he accuses you of calling him a nazi, he'll actually be committing that unnatural act (in his view) of truthtelling! What will he ever do with himself, knowing that one of his personal attacks won't be an outright lie?! You're brutal!

what do you know about being "truthfull"?
    You're a stat wonk for the govt, in other words a professional liar.
    You wouldnt know the truth if it killed you, which its going to someday
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    what do you know about being "truthfull"?
    Plenty, because I'm one that has the facts and the math on my side. No surprise that you refuse to acknowledge that, since you have a long track record of lying on this board just to perpetuate your lame arguments and personal attacks.

You're a stat wonk for the govt, in other words a professional liar.
    Wrong again. As I've told you many times, I'm in the private sector. I just happened to trust the math acumen of professional statisticians more than some lying conspiracy theorist with a questionable grasp of junior high school level math.

I suppose that the TI and HP financial calculators that I use to calculate rates of change and time value of money, and E-Stat's Palm phone, and every spreadsheet program ever developed are part of some global conspiracy to destroy this country as well!

You wouldnt know the truth if it killed you, which its going to someday
    Delusional to the end. So tell me again how it's possible for a dollar (or any currency for that matter) to attain negative valuation, or to have a negative absolute population or a negative number of jobs?

On second thought, maybe that's not such a great idea ... asking you to actually think logically about something for a change might constitute a fatal dose of brain activity for you!
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Ok, Pix you get the last word

Then I'll put this poor hijacked thread (yes, I contributed to that, too) to rest in peace.

Waddya' say we go back to talking about audio on this forum? There are others for this OT stuff.

rw

Cool

It's strictly a 2-channel unit, so no delay/distance setting. It's actually what I've been looking for for quite a long time: a fine SACD player that does an outstanding job of upgrading "ordinary," redbook CD's. It continually amazes me, and only today, I played two older Telarc discs and was mightily impressed not only with the dramatically improved fidelity, but the staggering increase in dynamic range.

And I'd better go into hiding now that I've made it possible for Pixie to complain about me calling him names and his being able to be telling the truth for once when he does. Good Lord, whatever have I done?
    you have given me some info about one of the finalists for my rebate check, although it will be more difficult now, this player or a Bluray?
    Blu still has a few jagged edges, and I am leaning towards music more and more these days, what with the state of movies these days.
    Thanks, and I AM WILLING TO MOVE ON IF YOU ARE
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

Plenty, because I'm one that has the facts and the math on my side. No surprise that you refuse to acknowledge that, since you have a long track record of lying on this board just to perpetuate your lame arguments and personal attacks.

thats FUNNY, A PROFESSIONAL GOVT LIAR calling me a liar.
    And after a personal attack on me you accuse me of same.
    heres a clue, I made no ATTACK on you, stating fact is not an "attack
    '

Wrong again. As I've told you many times, I'm in the private sector. I just happened to trust the math acumen of professional statisticians more than some lying conspiracy theorist with a questionable grasp of junior high school level math.
    You're in the "private sector" like a military contractor is in the "private" sector

I suppose that the TI and HP financial calculators that I use to calculate rates of change and time value of money, and E-Stat's Palm phone, and every spreadsheet program ever developed are part of some global conspiracy to destroy this country as well!
    You can complicate things all you want, which is the purpose of all of that crap you just mentioned.
    THEY are all based on the false premise that INFLATION is rising prices.
    INFLATION is the printing of worthless money backed by nothing and pumping it into the money supply, thus inflating the money supply.
    How much did the money supply rise last year? THATS THE INFLATION RATE.
    Despite your lying protestations to the contary

Delusional to the end. So tell me again how it's possible for a dollar (or any currency for that matter) to attain negative valuation, or to have a negative absolute population or a negative number of jobs?
    Why dont you ask the US mint?
    they are reformulating the mix of metal that goes into a penny because it costs more
    to make one than one is worth.
    Same with the dollar, which is totally worthless, costs more to print than its worth, its just that people havent caught on to that yet, but like Germany in the twenties
    THEY WILL

On second thought, maybe that's not such a great idea ... asking you to actually think logically about something for a change might constitute a fatal dose of brain activity for you!
    yOU'RE THE ONE LYING TO COVER UP for the people who are destroying our country
    as we speak, either that or you are a total moron who spent four years in college
    and STILL doesnt understand even the basics of inflation.
    Whats "logical" about that?
    I vote for the latter, you are WAY too dumb to understand how you are being used
    Brain activity? AT LEAST I HAVE ONE
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

thats FUNNY, A PROFESSIONAL GOVT LIAR calling me a liar.
    And after a personal attack on me you accuse me of same.
    heres a clue, I made no ATTACK on you, stating fact is not an "attack

learn to read,

he doesn't work for the government.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304