AR Newbie Registered Member

Unhappy How to disable demo mode of JVC-MXC220

Hi guys,

I hope this forum can help me out. I bought this old JVC home audio system in good condition. The seller does not have the user manual and the problem is that it continues to be in demo mode. It works fine , just anoying becuase in the middle of song diffrerent equalizer settings keep changing. Does anyone know how to turn off demo mode on this system? I have also gone to jvc.com but it does not have user manual on this system.
    Please advise.

Thanks.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

I would...

Quote Originally Posted by bmgeomat
    Hi guys,

I hope this forum can help me out. I bought this old JVC home audio system in good condition...It works fine , just anoying becuase in the middle of song diffrerent equalizer settings keep changing...
    ...rethink the phrase good condition and it works fine...

Sorry, but IMHO no, it isn't and no, it doesn't...most electronic stuff that has a demo mode usually has a button somewhere on the unit itself or on the remote that will activate the demo feature, at your option...although there is the possibility you need to depress one or more buttons while powering on...one would think the original owner would be privy to that info...Generally, unplugging a unit will put it into default wherein user set options may be lost and things like demo will be halted, things start off at square-one...if it automatically goes to demo even after a power-down, there is most likely a problem...it could have taken an AC hit...probably why it was sold in the first place...you could check for stuck/sticky buttons...buuut...

jimHJJ(...and even with that manual you may be SOL...Have you tried to speak to someone @JVC or just checked the website?...)
    Last edited by Resident Loser; 11-29-2006 at 07:41 AM.
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Smile Mx-c220

next time the demo starts, press the button just next to the standby button, and the demo will come to an immediate halt

Smile Stopping the demo audio on the JVC MX-C220

Make sure the unit is on. Press the FM Mode /Mute -Demo button (right next to the power) press it untill you get to either mono or auto (-for stereo). That will take the unit out of the demo mode. next turn the music jog dial (located just above the preset buttons) untill you get to which ever setting you choose. Hope this helps.

Wow. If he's been dealing with that garish demo mode for three years now, odds are he either fixed it, killed the unit, or killed himself.

Forum Regular

Mxc220

I appreciate the info on turning off the demo mode on the old JVC unit I have. It would sure help if I could find a user's manual somewhere-I've checked everywhere I can think of on the web.
    Anyone out there have any ideas. It's a JVC MX-C220.

Forum Regular

Thumbs up MXC220 manual

I guess I'm stuck to posting here until I can start a new thread.(looks like I have to post 4 more times here.) I'd sure like to find a manual for an older JVC MXC220.

Forum Regular

Question manual for mxc220

Chances are there is another model very similar whose manual would explain most of the workings on mine. Any suggestions?

Forum Regular

Unhappy Random play on MXC220

I'm sure I can eventually figure it out on my own, but I need to shut off random play of cds. Now it constantly goes from one song on one cd to another song on another cd. I'd hope some manual would tell me how to change that.

Forum Regular

Mxc220

Hey, this is my 5th post, so hopefully I can go to a more appropriate forum and look for the manual.

Forum Regular
    Make sure the unit is on. Press the FM Mode /Mute -Demo button (right next to the power) press it untill you get to either mono or auto (-for stereo). That will take the unit out of the demo mode. next turn the music jog dial (located just above the preset buttons) untill you get to which ever setting you choose. Hope that helps. ( I can't find the manual on line either- not even from JVC! )

Thread Information