Equalizer Question

I have a pioneer graphic equalizer with spectrum analyzer that is from 1990, which
    means it's analog, Is it possible to use it so the digital signal out, won't be affected?
    I'll be using a pioneer vsx1015-s, I don't have the receiver yet, but there are amp jacks.
    Tks in advance.

Are you wanting to use it just for the spectrum analyzer, or do you actually want to EQ with it?

If you just want to see the lights, you could hook it up either to the preamp outputs from your receiver or to the analog outputs of the DVD player. Hopefully it monitors the input and not the output.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by likeitloud
    I have a pioneer graphic equalizer with spectrum analyzer that is from 1990, which
    means it's analog, Is it possible to use it so the digital signal out, won't be affected?
    I'll be using a pioneer vsx1015-s, I don't have the receiver yet, but there are amp jacks.
    Tks in advance.
    It is possible to use the EQ, but I wouldn't put it in my system. The Pioneer EQ is a rebadge EQ by BSR. This EQ is known for using cheap parts that are noisy, and has one octave sliders which will do you no good in most cases.

The absolute minimum EQ resolution you need is 1/3 octave resolution. Otherwise you are just using crude noisy tone controls.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Thanks for all the info, I thought the pre-amp hook-up would be the way to go. On the
    old kenwood I have, it used to audio out, between the receiver and tape deck(teac).
    All thats in storage, I thought it might be handy for the pioneer vsx1015 I just bought,
    due to it's (only) having a five band eq. My tape recording days are over, so I'll take Sir
    Terrance advice and park it(the noise issue is a big problem).

Thread Information