Forum Regular

Pioneer Elite vsx-54tx

I have a chance to buy a demo at a great price. How does tthis reciever compare to Yamaha? I am looking at the Yamaha 757.

Is Pioneer elite better sounding? Ease of use?

Forum Regular
    The 52tx retails for about 1100$ CAD, the pioneer 1015tx retails for about 600$ CAD and they are basically the same receiver in different chassis, so since the 52tx is absurdly overpriced compared to the 1015tx there isn't much of a deal unless the price was dropped by a substantial ammount. As for what sounds better, you'll have to decide that for yourself, but click this link below its a well written comparison between pioneers 1015tx and yamaha rx-v1400.

Comparison - Pioneer VSX-1015TX vs Yamaha RX-V1400

Forum Regular

Pioneer 54 not 52

54 Not 52

LMB
    Forum Regular
    Pioneer Elite is upper end of Pioneer there is a difference not only in quality but warranty
    I have the 55TXI and it's great

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Geez, what idiot wrote that comparison?

What Wayner86 said is right IMO. I think the 1015TX would be a better buy than the 52tx for most people.

The Pioneer 1015tx is built on the 52tx's platform, shares the same chassis, power supply, internal circuitry, parts, etc. It's colored a bit differently, and only comes with a 1 year warranty. They share the same service manual because these 2 units are essentially identical electrically. There is no real difference in quality between these 2.

But you're talking about the 54tx. It's a good step up on the 52tx. I don't know why you're comparing it to Yamaha's 757 in the first place. That's like comparing a Toyota to a Porsche. It's price is double that of the Yamaha's. You should probably compare it to Yamaha's RX-V4600.

All of these receivers are good. What exactly are your needs/wants and budget?

Thread Information