Forum Regular

Greetings from Australia

helllllo

My name is Sammy or Sam i am from the Gold COast Australia.

I love music ,

I have 2 separate systems. I like to rotate around since my gear is from the 80s.

System Computer Drive New A
    AMP : Technics SU-V8X, Technics SU-V4X
    CD : Marantz CD60SE (modified), Marantz CD65DX (modified)
    Tuner: Techncis ST-610, ST-G3
    Turntable: Techncis SL-5210 (Nagaoka MP11 cartridge)
    Peerless Speakers with Vifa tweeters - speaker boxes wired with Supra Ply3.4

Interconnects used Supra Dual, Atlas Equator MKII, Merlin Bach, Jaycar for the rest

System Class AA
    AMP: Technics SU-V85A ( HDT - friend modifed it, i also added speaker cable and Supra LoRad power cable), Techncis SU-G50
    CD: Sony CDP-761E, Phillips CD850MKII, Technics SL-P350
    Tuner: Technics ST-K50
    Speakers : Jensen AVX-17 (supra Ply3.4S throughout the box)

Interconnects used Atlas Equator MK1, Atlas Equator Superior, Jaycar for the rest
    Last edited by TechnicsNewA; 11-24-2009 at 02:09 AM.

Your using some vintage stuff. Thats cool and you are running some diy speakers with peerless and vifa drivers, two of the most popular driver companies for diy. Actually its all tymphany brand now but still its cool that theres another 2 channel guy out there. I have been thinking of ditching my theater gear and going back to 2 channel to get away from that constant battle to have to upgrade equipment every other year to decode another dolby or dts format that comes out with a new one every other year and makes you upgrade and change processors or receivers. not cool and I think a waste of money and time. Don't get me wrong I still think home theater is fun but I listen to music primarily and 2 channel is a better format for that in most cases

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Chicago IL
    I see that you like Technics a lot! They have very nice amplifiers and tuners. You have good gear and I guess it sounds great! Separates is always better than just a regular receiver. It would be better if you get equalizer. They will make the sound even better than you have it now! When I used Technics(long time ago) I had it regular like you but a friend told me to get the equalizer and once I got them, I could feel the difference in the sound 100 times.

Forum Regular
    Hi Harley,
    It was orginally a Technics SB-2735 speaker box, but i changed all the drivers ( sold them on ebay - all were in great condition for the age), new crossovers, new drivers, new back with dual ports sounds great the mods. I prefer 2 channel since i liste to music mainly, sure dolby would be fun for the cinema experience at home, but as u said the technology changes all the time

Hey Dakata,
    Yes i love Technics !! Awesome amps tuners etc. Sounds awesome. I would love that touch screen Techncis equalizer, i forget the model but yeah it looks super cool Thanks for the heads up about the equalizer

Chicago IL
    It looks good man! Fill up the empty space at the tope with some more components. Technics makes also silver amplifiers and they look very cool! Check on ebay, they have great deals on equalizer. The speakers you have look very good. Do you have the front grills/covers?

By the way, where do you keep this system because I see bricks on the back?

Forum Regular
    heya
    Yes there is room for more, Sony deck is now gone. I feel like collecting more Technics, i had a beautiful old vintage SU-7300 (silver) i now regret i sold her, for a non-classA amp, it sounded great - played the cd through the tape connections, bass was really deep. 99.9 % collect is from ebay. My turntable came all the way from Florida USA, as did the SU-V85A ( on the other system). I have no covers for trhe speakers so when not in use i cover them with sheets. Sound great the speakers !!!

The lounge is more like a sound lounge room, since the speakers are rear vented i keep them about 10"'from the brick wall, haha and i squeeze up the back to change the speaker cables over when i listen to another amp.

Chicago IL
    I see you are an ebay guy also! That is good, I buy and sell on ebay too! Here in US we use craigslist also which sometimes is better than ebay! I still have my cassette deck!

http://www.vintagecassette.com/Technics/RS-M205

Forum Regular
    ^love the cassette deck, beautiful silver V8X on ebay, in the US. Ive searched Graigslist, some real bargins found there, i can recall seeing a SU-G50 for 45$ US with matching tuner, great buy, lovely sounding little amp. I got my marantz cd player from the UK, again ebay...hahaa i buy more than i sell.

Thread Information