• 12-17-2006, 05:39 PM
    dvboy
    General question about CD players.
    I had a decent mid-level CD player (Marentz cd5400) that just died on me and was wondering if it would be worth my $$$ to get another CD player.Here's the situation,I hooked it up to my receiver (H/K AVR 7300) using the optical out,so I was using the receivers dac for the conversion.I also have a Panasonic DVD-S77 which is also optically hooked up to my receiver.I never tested these 2 units against each other for cd's,so I am not sure I will be missing something using the DVD-S77 for cd's.So my question is if you are using the receiver's DAC,is there muck of a difference in sound quality from a low budjet cd player to a mid level one like the cd5400??Hope I explained myself correctly:confused5:
  • 12-17-2006, 05:44 PM
    Carl Reid
    If you're using the receiver's DAC, then buying a replacement CD player is probably just gonna be a waste of money... Just use the DVD player as your transport and save the cash for something else...
  • 12-17-2006, 05:54 PM
    dvboy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Reid
    If you're using the receiver's DAC, then buying a replacement CD player is probably just gonna be a waste of money... Just use the DVD player as your transport and save the cash for something else...

Hey Carl....Thats what I was thinking,or at least hoping.The last thing I need to do is blow some more doe.:)
  • 12-17-2006, 07:41 PM
    Daedilus
    yeesh... blowing doe... thats sick man, real sick... leave the wildlife alone man, they have suffered enough!
  • 12-17-2006, 08:02 PM
    dvboy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Daedilus
    yeesh... blowing doe... thats sick man, real sick... leave the wildlife alone man, they have suffered enough!

You seem to be quite attached to wildlife.......does'nt mean you have to be a JACKASS:cornut: lol
  • 12-17-2006, 08:24 PM
    emorphien
    If your receiver is handling the digital->analog conversion, don't bother with a fancy & expensive player because the biggest part you're paying more for is a better analog stage.