Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja
    Mormons, lefties, the chuwerros, clowns, jugglers, kung fu practitioners, children under the age of 5, people with tazmanian devil tattoos, people who drive cars with vanity plates, the idle rich, the idle poor, old people, and people that can't multiply 9x13 in their heads.
    Randy Travis, people who have speakers that are 'screwed together', people from Peru, people that don't have LCD's......

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Ok, so you have something against women....Canadians....Hispanics....probably blacks too....who else?

Anybody that doesn't agree with him????
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    Anybody that doesn't agree with him????
    So about 99% of the worlds population. Would be 100%, but at least 1% has to be people incapable of making sound decisions or having free thought, i.e. mentally handicap people, etc, plus infants.

Cool

So about 99% of the worlds population. Would be 100%, but at least 1% has to be people incapable of making sound decisions or having free thought, i.e. mentally handicap people, etc, plus infants.
    That pretty much has you covered.
    ITS A KNOWN FACT that women dont enjoy HT or AUDIO as much as men.
    When I was a lot younger (and still twice as smart as peruvian philly)
    I actually though a nice system would impress girls.
    But they look at your system and think, he could be spending that money on ME.
    The WAF is a common phenomenon, and is why the flat screen is going to kill the rptv.
    Women love the "look" of flat screens and this allows hubby to get a nice big screen HDTV,
    probably for the first time in his life. How many times when putting systems in for friends the "wife" wouldn't allow "all of those big ugly boxes" inro HER living room!
    Peruvian philly cheese steak would know this if all of his girlfriends (or boyfriends) weren't imaginary
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

DING DING....

And that ends round Two hundred, twenty seven, and three fifths. The fighters go back to their corners. Let's listen to what their coaches are telling them.
    "He caught you good with that left. You'll have to stay away from that. When he come in at you, be sure to throw your uppercut. You've been scoring well with that. When he moves to the right, move with him. He's trying to set you up for that left. Make sure you counter with a right cross. That will slow him down."
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

(during a movie) I saw that Wal-Mart is selling whole HT systems like yours for under $100. Did you pay more than that?

(after the movie) WOW! That sounded incredible! I could actually feel the explosions. I think I'll stop at Wal-Mart on my way home and pick up that system so I can have the same sound as you.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

"I didn't know BMW made speakers." - said while looking at my B&W's.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    "I didn't know BMW made speakers." - said while looking at my B&W's.
    And how many comments do you get about your "german" speakers?
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

it's about the music
    "Whoa, that sounds AWESOME! i bet they use the same equipment in clubs..."
    "What? i can't connect my mp3 player (pointing out a 20$ 256mb no-name player) to your system? why would ANYONE want a system that can't play MP3s?"
    "So what's that for?" "its a DAC" "and what's it for?" "it decodes de signal coming from the CD player" "oh... so it plays the CDs" "no, the CD player playes de CD's, then de DAC converts de digital signal to analog sound" "oh... So why not use just the CD player?"
    and a bunch of others. i forget. and a lot of general comments on what other things i could have spent the thousands on.
    I remember the days when I thought 128kbps sounded great and had never spent more than 10 bucks on cables...

Forum Regular
    In your years of experience what are some of the funniest comments that you have received from the outside world in regards to your music or related indulgences?

Why did you spend so much on your cables/amp/preamp/CDP? They all sound alike!
    Form is out. Content makes its own form.
    -Sam Rivers

The format doesn't matter. The music is all that matters.
    - Musicoverall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information