Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Probably...

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    OK, let me know when you get back.
    ...not 'til tomorrow...

jimHJJ(...I'll let you know then...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...not 'til tomorrow...

jimHJJ(...I'll let you know then...)
    OK, talk to you then.

Inspired from a conversation I had with our Senior VP today.

His phone msg to me: Please call me ASAP!
    Me calling back: Hello? What's up?
    Him: Are you near a phone right now?
    Me: (confused, looks around the office to spot a phone on my desk) Oh yeah, there's one right here. (huh? wait a minute)

Where's my sign?!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Gee...

OK, talk to you then.

Inspired from a conversation I had with our Senior VP today.

His phone msg to me: Please call me ASAP!
    Me calling back: Hello? What's up?
    Him: Are you near a phone right now?
    Me: (confused, looks around the office to spot a phone on my desk) Oh yeah, there's one right here. (huh? wait a minute)

Where's my sign?!
    ...it must be tomorrow...and that's why they get the big bucks...

I think them neck-ties is too tight...tends to cut off the circulation to the brain...

jimHJJ(...or was it tight belts...oh well...)

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

Forum Regular
    How long did you collate all the information on THAT?

Errr...

Quote Originally Posted by AmpItUP
    How long did you collate all the information on THAT?

jimHJJ(...jus' wunnerin'...)

... These threads go this way and that, so it's sorta' difficult to determine a proper response...To which THAT are you referring?

jimHJJ(...jus' wunnerin'...)
    I bet that THAT is the OP.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Well...

I bet that THAT is the OP.
    ...I sorta' guessed that was the THAT, but I was curious as to which part of THAT was the THAT he/she was referring to as THAT...If it was the part that had anything to do with my nearly 40yrs. of experience, plus probably another ten or so if the crystal radio experience is considered,,,well, THAT took nearly a lifetime to accumulate...If OTOH, it was the italicized references taken directly from the FCC website, THAT took about as long as a GOOGLE search, then there's culling the appropriate info germain to the subject, then cutting and pasting it all together in a reasonably cohesive and coherent presentation...and then there's spellchek and last minute editing here and there, and then there was the boldface addition...so how long did THAT take? Well, if that's the THAT that theems to be the ka-westion...I dunno'...four or five minutes maybe...

However, if THAT isn't the THAT in question, I have no idea whatsoever what THAT that it might be, and things like that can waste time and cause further questions to be required...and there's no excuse for that...

jimHJJ(...get that? got that? Good!...)

...I sorta' guessed that was the THAT, but I was curious as to which part of THAT was the THAT he/she was referring to as THAT...If it was the part that had anything to do with my nearly 40yrs. of experience, plus probably another ten or so if the crystal radio experience is considered,,,well, THAT took nearly a lifetime to accumulate...If OTOH, it was the italicized references taken directly from the FCC website, THAT took about as long as a GOOGLE search, then there's culling the appropriate info germain to the subject, then cutting and pasting it all together in a reasonably cohesive and coherent presentation...and then there's spellchek and last minute editing here and there, and then there was the boldface addition...so how long did THAT take? Well, if that's the THAT that theems to be the ka-westion...I dunno'...four or five minutes maybe...

However, if THAT isn't the THAT in question, I have no idea whatsoever what THAT that it might be, and things like that can waste time and cause further questions to be required...and there's no excuse for that...

jimHJJ(...get that? got that? Good!...)
    So, you're saying that I may be right about THAT but maybe THAT could be this or that?

In a...

So, you're saying that I may be right about THAT but maybe THAT could be this or that?
    ...nutshell, precisely that...although given the fact that THAT can be nearly any part of speech that comes to mind, namely pronoun, adjective, conjunction and adverb, and that one of it's functions as a pronoun is based in it's use as a neuter demonstrative, can that be all that precise? Curious that...

I mean in our cyberworld, can the use of THAT be all that accurate given the fact that there is little or no way in which to identify THAT from THAT without being in the same physical space as what ever THAT may be...so in hindsight perhaps my use of the phrase precisely that is at the same time an oxymoron, that it make no sense without a fixed reference to the actual THAT and that furthermore, that that sense of it's vagueness can only serve to exacerbate that which using the word THAT aids to confound at the outset...if that's at all clear...

jimHJJ(...although we may have run that into the ground...all's well that ends well...)

...nutshell, precisely that...although given the fact that THAT can be nearly any part of speech that comes to mind, namely pronoun, adjective, conjunction and adverb, and that one of it's functions as a pronoun is based in it's use as a neuter demonstrative, can that be all that precise? Curious that...

I mean in our cyberworld, can the use of THAT be all that accurate given the fact that there is little or no way in which to identify THAT from THAT without being in the same physical space as what ever THAT may be...so in hindsight perhaps my use of the phrase precisely that is at the same time an oxymoron, that it make no sense without a fixed reference to the actual THAT and that furthermore, that that sense of it's vagueness can only serve to exacerbate that which using the word THAT aids to confound at the outset...if that's at all clear...

jimHJJ(...although we may have run that into the ground...all's well that ends well...)

I agree with most of this. But that could be precisely that in our cyberworld if that were quoted or otherwise referenced.

Is this enough of that yet? I'm getting dizzy.

Imagine that...

I agree with most of this. But that could be precisely that in our cyberworld if that were quoted or otherwise referenced.

Is this enough of that yet? I'm getting dizzy.
    ,,,I thought I had made that point...

jimHJJ(...that's a wrap...)

Well, I guess that's that.

This thread is driving me to drink....

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    This thread is driving me to drink....
    Short ride huh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information